**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Galaxy Note 10 dummies highlight some interesting changes

Samsung did include a dual front camera with the Galaxy S10+. There was always the expectation that the larger Galaxy Note 10 model will get it as well. However, subsequent reports and leaks made it seem that Samsung would stick with a single front camera for both models.

Yet that’s not something we gather from this Galaxy Note 10+ dummy. While all of the other design elements are in line with the expectations, the wider cutout for the front camera seems to hint at a dual camera. There has also been talk about the IR blaster making a return with the Galaxy Note 10. A cutout is present at the top which might just be the IR blaster. This would be an addition that brings joy to many customers.

Last but not least, even these dummy units don’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack. There really is little hope left now that Samsung won’t make this polarizing decision for the upcoming flagship smartphone.

Since these are only dummies we can be a bit skeptical about them. For all we know they’re based on older prototypes of the device. Do you think that the Galaxy Note 10+ should have a dual front camera? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-10-dummies-interesting-changes/

Associate
I'm a tad disappointed if I'm honest, I would have to go for the Note 10+ if I had the choice but at the rumoured price point there's no way I would give up my Note 9 for it.
I have been an avid Galaxy Note user since the Note 2 and this is the first time that I have been underwhelmed with the new Note (if rumours/leaks are anything to go by)

Associate
Another one that is underwhelmed at the Note 10 as well. I'm currently on an S8+ but I dont really see any reason to upgrade right now if I'm honest. It's a shame because the last Note I had was the 5 and was looking forward to having a stylus again.

Soldato
Samsung has put up the Galaxy Note 10 trade-in value chart for customers in the United States. It’s being generous with the trade-in values. The company promises up to $600 for an old phone, hoping to make the $1000+ price tag sting a little less.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-10-trade-in-value-chart-600-old-phone/

So $600 for Note 9 and S10 (all variants), $300 S9(all variants) and $200 for S8/S7

Wonder what trade in will be here

Associate
I'm not too bothered as I occasionally use Bluetooth earphones and my phone is not the main source for music anymore.

I can see the lack of an SD card being a show stopper for many but with a 512MB on my Note 9 the need for one for me is not there.

The new camera does interest me and I look forward to what it will bring.

I will be getting one and it at this point in time it will most probably be the 5G version.

Trouble is it isn't just storage! it's esp without being able to remove battery also is if phones mucks up and have to do likes of having to do factory reload you have lost everything! All gone bubb byes!
My Note 4 i have contacts on phone and regularly export to MSD card so can either import or use on other devices. My things like photos are on MSD card
With things like Business use say for meetings/shows you might need to change card esp if using device to broadcast and you don't want your mucky pics showing!
But think about with have a large presentation on the phone say 350g of data and if screws up all gone yet with MSD card it's on there so safe!
They try to say it's slower! yeah right can you detect the difference of a Nano fart? it's more to do with controlling what you do/see/use As cards allow you to bypass sharing via net! and Apple hate that esp! as there Israeli paymasters hive iphone user's data off!

Associate
Samsung has put up the Galaxy Note 10 trade-in value chart for customers in the United States. It’s being generous with the trade-in values. The company promises up to $600 for an old phone, hoping to make the $1000+ price tag sting a little less.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-10-trade-in-value-chart-600-old-phone/

So $600 for Note 9 and S10 (all variants), $300 S9(all variants) and $200 for S8/S7

Wonder what trade in will be here

£10 M&S voucher?

Man of Honour
Trouble is it isn't just storage! it's esp without being able to remove battery also is if phones mucks up and have to do likes of having to do factory reload you have lost everything! All gone bubb byes!
My Note 4 i have contacts on phone and regularly export to MSD card so can either import or use on other devices. My things like photos are on MSD card
With things like Business use say for meetings/shows you might need to change card esp if using device to broadcast and you don't want your mucky pics showing!
But think about with have a large presentation on the phone say 350g of data and if screws up all gone yet with MSD card it's on there so safe!
They try to say it's slower! yeah right can you detect the difference of a Nano fart? it's more to do with controlling what you do/see/use As cards allow you to bypass sharing via net! and Apple hate that esp! as there Israeli paymasters hive iphone user's data off!
Don't have filth on your business phone, don't rely on a single storage place if your presentations are that important, use google/Samsung backup for your contacts, why are you suddenly ranting about Apple?

Associate
Don't have filth on your business phone, don't rely on a single storage place if your presentations are that important, use google/Samsung backup for your contacts, why are you suddenly ranting about Apple?

Well if you read was about others worry if they was doing away with MSD card on note 10's?
I gave an example of why they don't like them!
But guess your so squeaky organised that have multiple back ups filling the cloud so all and sundry can read!(Corrupt).My self if need to move off board use a M2 sata drive caddy just plug in port and done no fuss no drama even when no network connections!

Man of Honour
Well if you read was about others worry if they was doing away with MSD card on note 10's?
I gave an example of why they don't like them!
But guess your so squeaky organised that have multiple back ups filling the cloud so all and sundry can read!(Corrupt).My self if need to move off board use a M2 sata drive caddy just plug in port and done no fuss no drama even when no network connections!
My contacts are in the cloud because I don't really care if anyone else sees them, I didn't mention cloud based backup for anything else.
Nothing about being squeaky organised, it's basic data handling if you're that worried about something going pop which you seem to be from your post talking about phones dying left right and center.

Associate
My contacts are in the cloud because I don't really care if anyone else sees them, I didn't mention cloud based backup for anything else.
Nothing about being squeaky organised, it's basic data handling if you're that worried about something going pop which you seem to be from your post talking about phones dying left right and center.

Well had few friends iphones catch fire along with phones getting borked with file issues or updates which can happen with just charging or plugging usb in from something as all it takes is something to go on while something else isn't happy in gadget a files corrupt had to do a hard reset on mine once as it had a mad moment restarted but would boot up.
Also known issues with charging port so can't do anything on some as sealed battery also keyboard issues or buttons don't take much to turn it into a useless paper weight!

Associate
Some guy on YouTube received the dummy Note 10+ and looking at it it looks like there may be a very slim speaker on the to of the phone, good news if it is which will pair up nicely with the bottom one for stereo.
Also looked like an IR blaster, this is better news if this is an accurate dummy phone, we'll see next week.

Back
Top Bottom