Amazon prime vs Netflix which is better ?

Soldato
OP
I watch Netflix quite a lot more than I watch Prime. Prime often have audio sync issues to the point I have sometimes had to find 'other' ways of watching the show. Prime also seem to sometimes give the first X amount of seasons for free, then want you to pay for the most recent season, which is not good.

Unfortunately different companies are wanting to make their own streaming service, like Disney, so both Netflix and Prime might lose access to more shows. As said, Netflix have more and more of their own content though, which they can't lose unless they cancel it themselves.
I've not faced any audio sync issues so far.
I've not watched a full season of anything yet so I've not faced this yet but its good to know, Is that the case for all shows ?

Netflix is a lot better for content and how often its updated, but then Prime has more to offer than video content..... So would not really be comparing the two together
I started with just Prime 3 or 4 years ago, and was really happy with it, but got Netflix a year or so after (Mrs cheesyboy wanted to watch The Crown): I would say it's now split about 80:20 in viewing time between the two, in favour of Netflix. There's just a lot more good shows on Netflix. And it's easier to find new stuff, without Prime pushing paid content at you all the time.

Prime Originals are not as good or as varied as Netflix Originals. I'm not sure Amazon even has any original adult (western) cartoons, for example. And if they do that's another illustration of the difficulty navigating the library.

Movies selection seems similar, but I don't watch a lot of movies.
I would agree you cant really compare them at this point,
Netflix has varied selection of original,. I was surprised they even had some excellent original cartoons so you can enjoy them with the kids.
So far Amazons originals all seam very similar no variation like Netflix it does has some exclusives from other company's preacher (AMC) but you can say the same for netflix.

Outside the originals I would say prime has more choice which stays on for longer in terms of movies and show but that could the case of what I like but most of the time when I search for a movie or show Netflix does not have it,

I would say netfilx has a lot more exclusive content, but prime to have a wide selection of good non original show and more movies.

I would say if amazon never came out with the monthly package I would never use them.

Soldato
I've not faced any audio sync issues so far.
I've not watched a full season of anything yet so I've not faced this yet but its good to know, Is that the case for all shows ?

I wouldn't think so, but tbh I've not used Amazon Prime Video enough to know. I think it's mainly stuff they've bought for their service, not stuff they produce themselves.

Netflix wins on content and actual usefulness as the Prime app on Samsung TVs seems to always be out of audio sync so I never bother watching the content. Annoying as a few things I want to pick back up, Preacher and Man in the High Castle especially.

Yeah, mine is a Samsung TV with the Amazon App and I get audio sync issues. I heard recently they have finally allowed Chromecasting from their Android app? I wonder if this would fix the issue?

Soldato
Will run out of content in a couple of months on both unless you will watch any old dross, just chop and change as new stuff comes out.
It's handy to have both of them if you don't have regular freeview. Between Netflix, Prime and NowTV (vital if you want HBO stuff) it at least sort of allows me to feel like I can channel hop

Soldato
NowTV (vital if you want HBO stuff)
unfortunately even the nowtv HBO stuff is limited versus HBO in the USA ... so I'm still considering accessing USA content via a VPN.

The on-demand channel 4 Walter presents International content has some better stuff than netflix/prime imhop - spin / prufugiouis / Sr. Avila

note - although I have one, I had not appreciated you need a tv license if you watch any live tv on a NOWtv subscription.

Soldato
Noticed that Netflix today added a tonne of (non-original) series, many of which were previously on Prime (haven't checked if they're still there)

Arrow, Tudors, Verssailles, Dexter, Grey's Anatomy, Lucifer, Borgias, Parenthood, Broadchurch... Not much of it interests me, tbh, but it's a lot to land in one go

(I use https://www.justwatch.com/uk/new to keep a regular eye in nee arrivals)

Soldato
If I could only have one then I'd pick Netflix in a heartbeat. Prime only really worthwhile if you still order most things from Amazon (and haven't woken up to the fact they aren't necessarily the cheapest place to buy stuff from anymore but that's another story!)

Man of Honour
unfortunately even the nowtv HBO stuff is limited

I'm getting a bit annoyed this year - 2015-2017 there seemed to be a push to get a lot of new TV shows onto UK screens and even available for paid streaming on Amazon shortly after they aired or were available in the US - this year a lot of stuff just is up in the air not available months after being released and no firm dates when they will, etc.

Soldato
Prime has better sound with Atoms that works on a wider range of devices. While there is some great content on Prime, Netflix has massively more content. My only real complaint on Netflix is Atmos sound only works on a very limited amount of devices.

Soldato
OP
Primes got the best show imo with Vikings, although Stranger Things is good, but not as good as Vikings.
I think it depends on what you like, for me it would netflix but you are paying more
Stranger things
The Umbrella Academy
Narcos
Daredevil
chilling adventures of sabrina
Trollhunters

Which was the only reason I got Netflix

Soldato
I have an annual Prime sub, and then just sub to Netflix one month in every three, catch up on the handful of decent series, then cancel again for a couple months. Works for me.

Associate
I have access to Netflix, as well as Now TV and Prime video. Netflix definitely gets the most watching, prime has a few good things, nowTV i had for GoT then forgot about so I should probably cancel it!

Permabanned
I prefer Prime. Decent films/shows as opposed to Netflix that seem to be more focussed on producing garbage by spamming their 'Netflix Original' crap everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom