The C8 Corvette now shown without camouflage - 'vette going mid-engined

OcUK Staff
UK price £100k (probably).
Suddenly not so good.

Cheaper than many other mid-engine cars and available, only real competition is GT4 at a lower price which for me is not as special.

It won't be 60k, I suspect RHD version will come with less options so the cars will be loaded with more equipment so I'd expect to see a base C8 around 69k and then a fully equipped Z51 C8 probably around 85k, if they hit such prices I think that is good value, yes at 100k its still good value but as already mentioned makes it stiffer competition and I feel GM want to sell quite a lot of these, maybe even in RHD so can see them being more aggressive on price, certainly at first just like Ford was with RHD Mustang's which when they came out the V8 was only £32,950 on launch, of course now its quite a bit more due to equipment, weaker pound and well Ford pretty much giving the earlier cars away.

Soldato
believe it when I see it.
A UK V8 Camaro with the options you'd want is £45k. If this ends up being less than £70k I'll be shocked.
Well $60k in pounds with tax is about £58k so it's highly unlikely to be under £60k. My guess would be low 70s if I had to guess.

With the Mustang, the UK base car was very well equipped, whereas in the UK you could buy very basic cars which would bring the base price down. I can see a similar thing happening for the vette, maybe it'll be an £80k car but with everything on it.

Soldato
gdw1VCj.jpg.png [/QUOTE]

the problem at 100k is the quality, that rear end panel looks cheap and nasty esp the black shiny plastic, it's no 100k car more like 65k

Soldato
Well $60k in pounds with tax is about £58k so it's highly unlikely to be under £60k. My guess would be low 70s if I had to guess.

With the Mustang, the UK base car was very well equipped, whereas in the UK you could buy very basic cars which would bring the base price down. I can see a similar thing happening for the vette, maybe it'll be an £80k car but with everything on it.

Mustang has a better quality of finish but this is better for U.K roads, this car will be very interesting if they keep the price low

OcUK Staff
wont be long before full carbon replacements come around.

From checking options the black shiny parts including roof panel can be optioned to be carbon dipped or they can be real exposed carbon parts, so it seems to be an option, at least for US customers. Probably at which point its close to 100k car! :D

Soldato
Yeah some of the options are very tasty. Nice to see a manufacturer actually providing interesting colour combos at all levels, not just bloody silver and black.

If it’s near 60k, will do very well. Realistically at 70+ options it’s still in a class if it’s own, 992s start at 93k now!

OcUK Staff
Yeah some of the options are very tasty. Nice to see a manufacturer actually providing interesting colour combos at all levels, not just bloody silver and black.

If it’s near 60k, will do very well. Realistically at 70+ options it’s still in a class if it’s own, 992s start at 93k now!

I think it will all depend on how big it feels to drive on the road and if it is stupid wide or not. Being mid-engine it should feel small and nimble but it is their first attempt whereas brands like Ferrari have being doing this for years and it is one thing I love about the 458, its wider than the F-Type but it feels smaller and is far easier to place and judge on the road which in turn gives you a lot more confidence to push.

If the Corvette feels big for whatever reason or simply because it is that will be a failing.

Soldato
I think it will all depend on how big it feels to drive on the road and if it is stupid wide or not.

If the Corvette feels big for whatever reason or simply because it is that will be a failing.

Narrower than a Cayman across the mirrors, according to the figures I've read (GM quotes 'overall width', which I would assume includes mirrors). A little bit wider in the body, perhaps, but probably only by several centimetres.

About 25cm longer, though, which figures – but about 6cm lower.

Not that a Cayman is exactly a svelte machine, these days, mind...

Back
Top Bottom