• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Hmm, I do wonder why this wasn't a PC video as the original was.
But from the ramblings out there MS/Sony have had the Navi hardware now for several months. From what I've recall about last gen was that they put the console hardware in an actual PC case before the final design. I assume that's the same with this next gen HW, in a PC case. But no...no 2080ti I'm afraid. :p

One thing. The upcoming console won't have Navi 10 in them. The chips will have will be more advanced. The current Navi 10 GPUs were supposed to be out last October, and a new gen is already for 2020 release with ray tracing.

Soldato
Hmm, I do wonder why this wasn't a PC video as the original was.
But from the ramblings out there MS/Sony have had the Navi hardware now for several months. From what I've recall about last gen was that they put the console hardware in an actual PC case before the final design. I assume that's the same with this next gen HW, in a PC case. But no...no 2080ti I'm afraid. :p

Microsoft has a long history of showing "xbox" games running off PC's, they've been exposed for this many times before.

Associate
Not sure if its been said yet, but is the 50th edition of the 5700xt any better at overclocking than the standard one? likely to have a better binned core or just a case of a higher clock on the bios?

I tried google but couldn't really find anything

Associate
While it's a good price for a 5700XT AE.
What about warranty etc?

I wouldn't trust anyone on Ebay with a brand new GPU purchase lol.

Well its going to be water cooled anyway, so i assume its not likely to be covered. Plus I cant remember last time i had a GPU die on me My 7970 has been going strong since 2013. And surely worse comes to worse AMD are not going to be complete A-holes and not cover it?

Soldato
A lot of people seem be buying now and waiting for 3rd party 5700s

Wonder what the actual numbers are.

There's one german retailer that spills the beans on their sales every now and again,

Associate
I'm waiting for 3rd party cards to see what happens to the price of the blower cards. Going to watercool most likely so fancy heatsinks aren't somthing I'm wanting to pay for then remove it if it uses a reference PCB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom