Android unit, trying to mirror phone and get internet too, need help

Underboss
Bought an Xtrons Unit (Android 8.0)
and im trying to get Screen Mirror and also (mainly) trying to get internet through my phone

Manual says :

For Android smart phone:
a. Go to Settings > About Device, and then tap Build number 7 times to enable Developer options. Turn on USB debugging. A message Allow USB debugging? will pop up. Turn on the Always allow from this computer option, and then tap OK.
b.Connect your Android smart phone to this unit via a USB cable.

But "USB Debugging" does not appear but does say i am in developer mode
and the USB tethering option is still grayed out

any ideas ?
i have a redmi Note 4 (x?)

Cheers

Associate
I am not sure about the screen mirroring on these as I used to use the built in features of the unit and just install waze etc (and also a custom rom which are usually rooted and have all the dev functions). But for me the best way to provide internet was just to use the mobile hotspot on my phone and connect to that hotspot with the WiFi on the head unit.

Associate
I would suggest you have a faulty unit if it isn't finding any networks. I had an RK3066 based one and a PX5 based one and neither had any problems connecting to my phones mobile hotspot or my house wifi. I can't find any complaints about the wifi on the (presumably PX6) unit you have though.

Associate
Ah interesting. Often that MCU update does fix a lot of issues. When I got my PX5 I immediately updated to the latest MCU and also put a light weight rooted OS on. I never had any issues with connectivity. Let us know how you get on.

Underboss
OP
managed to update it this morning before work, Wifi now picks up networks
managed to briefly mirror my phones display

but i cant for the life of me tether it to my phone
USB tethering is still grayed out
Wifi tethering unsure how to work it (tried for like an hour)

anyone mange to tether to an android phone?

Soldato
Underboss
OP
i did post a SS (at least i thought i had)

still having issues (although Xtrons support are very helpful, being in china there a little communication problem, but the time delay can be a couple of days so to speak)

Ive turned on Portable Hotspot

ive searched via "hotspot" and tried the usual Wi-Fi

cant find my phone

Also , im in developer mode, and i still cant turn on usb tethering

When I connect to an unsecured WiFi network, i click on google and it gives me a warning its unsecured, but it wont proceed past it (work wifi) car isnt close enough to get wifi at home, so im unable to test on a secure wifi

One more thing, I can mirror my phone (via the Easy Connect App) but the screen wont allow me to use to navigate, i have to navigate on my phone (i can see it on the xtrons , but i cant use the xtrons unit to navigate my phone)

i kind of think i need a new phone, its a Xaomi after all (i think i have a few issues with it anyway)

Soldato
Buy one of the usb adaptors that turn on android auto or CarPlay when you connect your phone to it. Plugs in via usb, you can either get a Wi-Fi version or a cabled version, I have the cabled version and its perfect. I got mine from amazon for £40 I think it was, you can get them from Ali baba etc.

Underboss
OP
Buy one of the usb adaptors that turn on android auto or CarPlay when you connect your phone to it. Plugs in via usb, you can either get a Wi-Fi version or a cabled version, I have the cabled version and its perfect. I got mine from amazon for £40 I think it was, you can get them from Ali baba etc.

hi

I have no idea what this is, can you link to one please ?

My phone can connect to my car via BT ok (for phone calls) without turning on my stereo

Back
Top Bottom