The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Just reading through this thread makes me want to be single forever.

Some people are just awful. Truly awful.
Likely because people come here to seek advise when things aren't going to plan, or try to find answers to what went wrong. If people came here just to say how well everything was going they would probably get berated for doing so.

Soldato
Likely because people come here to seek advise when things aren't going to plan, or try to find answers to what went wrong.
This exactly. I have loads of friends in happy stable healthy relationships (quite a few of them met online). I also know many of them went through either extended dry spells or quite difficult relationships before they met their current partner.

There's hope for us all yet :D I mean I'm eligible as ****, how am I still single :p;) Also, you're better off single than being with the wrong one.

Soldato
Internet dating can show how rude some people really are.

18 months ago I went on a few dates with a girl, who I met through a friend. She randomly stopped responding to my messages then in December she saw me in a bar. Started having a conversation with me as if nothing had happened. I was ready to call her out on it but I thought what was the point.

People are just rude and ignorant. You dont need internet dating to show that.

after meeting her in the bar again did you hit it and vanish the next morning

Man of Honour
Anyone had any luck with online dating recently? Specifically using apps such as Tinder and Bumble?
My mates been on loads recently (he's mid 40's and recently split from his long term partner). He went on a Tinder date a couple of weeks ago. It didn't go well and he sent her this next morning :D

I'm sorry to complain. but I really feel I've had my fill of materialistically minded women.

He then reminded her how she kept asking him how much he earned, what car he drove and, gob-smackingly, how much 'allowance' he'd give a partner if they ended up together. I don't think it helped that she was several stone over the pictures she'd used on Tinder. I think he's had enough of women getting a free night of drinks and food out of him and then blanking him the next day. So he struck first. I wouldn't have sent that myself but I can understand his frustration and sat there giggling when he told me. He's now having a break from dating for a bit although he's still in contact with a couple of the women he's already met and recently went away for a weekend with one of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
My mates been on loads recently (he's mid 40's and recently split from his long term partner). He went on a Tinder date a couple of weeks ago. It didn't go well and he sent her this next morning :D

He then reminded her how she kept asking him how much he earned, what car he drove and, gob-smackingly, how much 'allowance' he'd give a partner if they ended up together. I don't think it helped that she was several stone over the pictures she'd used on Tinder. I think he's had enough of women getting a free night of drinks and food out of him and then blanking him the next day. So he struck first. I wouldn't have sent that myself but I can understand his frustration and sat there giggling when he told me. He's now having a break from dating for a bit although he's still in contact with a couple of the women he's already met and recently went away for a weekend with one of them.

must have had his fill of overweight single mothers cat fishing him.

I live in a different country now and got a few numbers while out and about. So much choice here it be rude for me to even consider internet dating.

Soldato

Ouch:D

Soldato
must have had his fill of overweight single mothers cat fishing him.

I live in a different country now and got a few numbers while out and about. So much choice here it be rude for me to even consider internet dating.

Sounds like my kind of country. Passport on standby

Soldato
Switzerland, I've found a new interest for Turkish women. Meet a few here with amazing bodies :)

I guess Switzerland is in a nice central spot for meeting all kinds of exotic beauties.

A Latina woman I know dated a Swiss man. Said he was the most obnoxious person she's ever been with. Does all that Nazi gold give the citizens a chip on their shoulders?

Soldato
I guess Switzerland is in a nice central spot for meeting all kinds of exotic beauties.

That's one the benefits of being here, not stuck on a small island so you have sorts nationalities coming here from the neighbouring countries and beyond.

As for the citizens having a chip on their shoulders, i haven't met any so far. All good and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom