• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Associate
as mentioned a few posts above, cancel and wait for stock to arrive. waiting for pre-orders that are of unknown delivery date will only give you an ulcer. :p
Oh I've thought about it, wasnt aware that using paypal prevented me from splitting orders and at the time the ETA was reasonable, not OCUKs fault. I ordered everything but the CPU/Mobo as doing so seen ETAs for next day pop up so order the next day at work without checking the site to see the ETAs were removed lol, at least all items are reserved now and I'm just being a whiny man child that hasnt got his toys lol, I guess I gotta look at it like ordering a couch pay out a tonne of cash to wait months for delivery lol

If I cancel the order now though I lose out on the savings I made on items that were on sale, which is a good £180, something im pretty happy with having done, might even buy 16GB more ram with this saving before prices go back up lol and i'll have to wait for paypal refund to come through. I use it for convience but its not been bloody convient now lol.

I just have to be patient, Ive got my holiday hours back so its just a waiting game now and another lesson in life, I suppose if I had pre ordered and recieved the CPU id be suffered thing Bios and motherboard issues lol.

I say lol a lot, at this rate I'm just laughing the anguish away.... :p

Associate
other sites have pushed back the date to 30/7/19, looks like we're in for a wait

This matches up with what Gibbo said yesterday.

The distributor who was expecting stock on 17th, did not arrive, AMD are telling them next week now, as such 3900X looks now to be sometime next week, the supplier is working on trying to get a more firm accurate date but as already witnessed firm dates for AMD CPU deliveries do not really exist, as such just expect sometime next week on 3900X.

Associate
Guessing quantity of expected stock is just as much up in the air? Hopefully will be popping an order in at some point today so fingers crossed will get enough stock to cover this time around. I wouldn't mind waiting, but I have a MEG ACE X570 board, 32GB of ram and an NVME drive sat at home with no way to test.

Soldato
I don't mind waiting, but I am disappointed that I could have my pre order sitting for a fortnight and someone could just order the day before and get one next day. I really hope they receive enough units to fulfill pre orders else it's going to be messy.

Associate
I'd go one further and say my bit has been chomped.

Although the delay has allowed me to go way over the top and I've decided I'm going to go full hardline water cooling as well now. Wallet is hurting!!

Associate
I'd go one further and say my bit has been chomped.

Although the delay has allowed me to go way over the top and I've decided I'm going to go full hardline water cooling as well now. Wallet is hurting!!
Ive done exactly the same, the EKWB loop ive ordered cost me as much as a mid range PC lol.

But i cant split my order because of paypal so I cany even double check fittings lol.

But I agree, bit has deffo been chomped, I got the CPU/ GPU blocks, tubing and coolant here but thats it... lol

Associate
Just waiting for my 3900x now. Everything else has been delivered.

I'd be tempted to get a new case and large AIO but have always air cooled my hardware. Not sure I'm ready for full WC setup!

Associate
Just waiting for my 3900x now. Everything else has been delivered.

I'd be tempted to get a new case and large AIO but have always air cooled my hardware. Not sure I'm ready for full WC setup!
Don't get an AIO, in a few cases they are better but having used them I can say uts mainly a space and aesthetic thing, high air coolers do the same job for cheaper. But you'll no doubt know this lol.

Soldato
Don't get an AIO, in a few cases they are better but having used them I can say uts mainly a space and aesthetic thing, high air coolers do the same job for cheaper. But you'll no doubt know this lol.
Yes definitely this. If you value silence you'll also go with the aircooler rather than the CLC AIO.

Associate
I don't mind waiting, but I am disappointed that I could have my pre order sitting for a fortnight and someone could just order the day before and get one next day. I really hope they receive enough units to fulfill pre orders else it's going to be messy.
Why it would be any skin off your nose, given that all preorders have been covered from the 1st batch?

Soldato
I use an AIO because it is quiter and looks way better.
I am under no illusion that it cools better than a high end air cooler.

Back
Top Bottom