DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
Took delivery of a dgf today, glad i did, much improvement of the old 60hz screen I've been using for the last couple of years.

One problem i do have is entering the bios. The screen don't load quick enough, i can enter bios blind but then the screen refuses to recognise an input.

Any help with this?

Soldato
Picked the last one up for £274 using some voucher codes. Fantastic monitor - worlds apart from my BenQ XL2411Z.

In terms of configuration I did the following:

1. Installed driver dated 23 July 2018
2. Installed Dell Display Manager Application dated 30 April 2019
3. Overclocked to 155 Hz
4. Configured G-Sync via reddit guide and tested with NVIDIA pendulum demo / display indicator in Destiny 2
5. Configured optimal OSD settings "custom color" from PC monitors review
6. Implemented ICC profile from PC monitor review

For reference I'm using a DP 1.2 cable with GTX 1070.

It looks beautiful, although I switched to the RTS settings with higher brightness and it arguably looks better.

Associate
Picked the last one up for £274 using some voucher codes. Fantastic monitor - worlds apart from my BenQ XL2411Z.

In terms of configuration I did the following:

1. Installed driver dated 23 July 2018
2. Installed Dell Display Manager Application dated 30 April 2019
3. Overclocked to 155 Hz
4. Configured G-Sync via reddit guide and tested with NVIDIA pendulum demo / display indicator in Destiny 2
5. Configured optimal OSD settings "custom color" from PC monitors review
6. Implemented ICC profile from PC monitor review

For reference I'm using a DP 1.2 cable with GTX 1070.

It looks beautiful, although I switched to the RTS settings with higher brightness and it arguably looks better.

Thats a nice price... cant find one for any cheaper than 350 lol.

Soldato
I bought the S2719DGF 2 months ago now, really like it.

So much I'm now debating getting another! But now I'm pondering whether to get a different Dell 27" e.g. IPS/movie watching screen instead? Like the S2719DC or something.

Any thoughts or does anyone else do this? 'Gaming' monitor and then something similar for 'Movies' and better screen quality etc.

I set up mine with an older dell ultra sharp alongside it with this idea and for photo editing. Too much of a difference between the two screens alongside each other.

I just use the t.n. on its own.

If I was going to go dual I think I would stick to the same t.n panel.

I.P.S. looks better in comparison but in reality and day to day use not a huge difference unless you place one next to the other. I found the lack of uniformity between t.n and i.p.s, annoying rather than an improvement in experience.

Associate
I have recently purchased this and I am having issues with g-sync compatibility. When g-sync is enabled and the FPS drops below around 40, the screen goes completely. It will flicker back on based on framerate. Has anyone else experienced this?

Associate
I have recently purchased this and I am having issues with g-sync compatibility. When g-sync is enabled and the FPS drops below around 40, the screen goes completely. It will flicker back on based on framerate. Has anyone else experienced this?
Never heard of this behaviour. What cables are you using?

Associate
I also suspect the cable. I am using a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. I’ve got two new cables on the way to test. If no success I suppose RMA.

Thanks for the reply!

nsb

nsb

Associate
Purchased this monitor yesterday and really liking it so far. But as others, I'm spending time calibrating, I'm settling on the Standard preset with minor tweaks at the moment.

I see people recommending the RTS setting, which I have tried, the colours and contrast seemed good, but the text on this forum as an example is all corrupted. Do I need to adjust any other settings when I use RTS preset?

Associate
Unsure if to get this or 27GL850-B 27inch that is on preorder?

I’m not that clued up on monitors and was thinking of building a new Ryzen PC, however currently only have a 1080p monitor.

Unsure if to grab a new monitor and a 2tb SSD and do the build later. Or have a new build now and have to wait for SSD and monitor upgrade....hmmm

Currently have i7 2600k (@4.3ghz)
16gb memory
Vega 56 (950/1k)

Any thoughts?

Associate
I am looking at this monitor or the u2719d. What would be good as I am a light gamer and I own 3 Samsung 24" 1200p 2443 and would like to replace them.

Thanks

Associate
I am looking at this monitor or the u2719d. What would be good as I am a light gamer and I own 3 Samsung 24" 1200p 2443 and would like to replace them.

Thanks
This monitor is much better for gaming than the U2719D. Will be buying it myself once my pc is dispatched.
Google the model number for price comparisons ;)

Associate

Thanks
This monitor is much better for gaming than the U2719D. Will be buying it myself once my pc is dispatched.
Google the model number for price comparisons, can be had for £349.

Back
Top Bottom