• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading my 980ti, 2080 or 2070 Super?

Associate
Since you put it like that, it's less inviting :/
less inviting, but still probably the best performance/price ratio in NV lineup atm. So, either lube up and wince a bit, or wait for 3rd party 5700XT cards? tbh, I've just gone to a Asus 2070S EVO from a 980ti. seems like a healthy jump, but not had a chance to tweak my system to milk the best performance, or had time to use it more than a couple hours.

Soldato
less inviting, but still probably the best performance/price ratio in NV lineup atm. So, either lube up and wince a bit, or wait for 3rd party 5700XT cards? tbh, I've just gone to a Asus 2070S EVO from a 980ti. seems like a healthy jump, but not had a chance to tweak my system to milk the best performance, or had time to use it more than a couple hours.

What res do you play at?
Was it worth it?

Associate
What res do you play at?
Was it worth it?
3440x1440 (with a 2700X cpu)
Wildlands on 980ti was about 44fps with most options low, now it's about 65fps with most options ultra/v-high
Apex Legends again has either had a massive fps boost, or a moderate boost with better sparkles - can't remember the numbers atm.

I'm on a benq ex3501r freesync monitor, and I've ticked the g-sync compatible tickbox in the drivers - so far no flickering, so think it's good (but, I've limited the display to 99Hz, just in case, as I've read it's meant to reduce issues). Need to find a g-sync test tool, plus a RTX demo...

I need/want to tweak the Team Group memory and oc the 2700x a bit, to help that a little.

I've got the in-laws around this week, so not going to get a chance to play with anything this week tho.

Soldato
3440x1440 (with a 2700X cpu)
Wildlands on 980ti was about 44fps with most options low, now it's about 65fps with most options ultra/v-high
Apex Legends again has either had a massive fps boost, or a moderate boost with better sparkles - can't remember the numbers atm.

I'm on a benq ex3501r freesync monitor, and I've ticked the g-sync compatible tickbox in the drivers - so far no flickering, so think it's good (but, I've limited the display to 99Hz, just in case, as I've read it's meant to reduce issues). Need to find a g-sync test tool, plus a RTX demo...

I need/want to tweak the Team Group memory and oc the 2700x a bit, to help that a little.

I've got the in-laws around this week, so not going to get a chance to play with anything this week tho.

Ahh nice, would be interested in the results.

My 980Ti is still powering my 27" gsync dell monitor at 1440p. I can't complain to be honset, Destiny 2 is stil pulling 90fps+

Soldato
And that's Nvidia's game plan... it's not good value at all, but they've elivated their prices to a point that compared with a 2080ti it seems cheap... £500 for the 3rd tier (2080ti -> 2080s -> 2070s) gpu is horrifically expensive...

Madness isn't it. I paid £450 3 years ago for the flagship 980Ti (excluding the Titans) now that's doesnt even get a 3rd teir card.

Back
Top Bottom