AORUS AD27QD

Associate
Received it yesterday: https://imgur.com/a/VnwXOJA

As you can see on pic 3 and 4, I tried to decrease the brightness and contrast to 35 and 20, tried to change the height of the monitor, checked it from different angles, but unfortunately the light bleed doesn't get any better, not the mention the stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen. Not something you would expect for £500+.

Opinions?

Associate
Ouch that seems aweful. Well what can one say - the curse of IPS panels :/
About damn time for better quality panels. To pay this amounts of cash and get crap. It's crazy really!

Soldato
I had to send my Aorus back for the same reasons. Ask for your money back ASAP and OcUK will arrange for collection, at least they did with mine.

I went down a different route and went for a more professional targeted monitor (LG 850UK 4K IPS) in the hope that such monitors would have more stringent quality control when it came to IPS glow. I wasn't disappointed. It sometimes seems like the manufacturers shove any old rubbish out the factory when it comes 'gamer' monitors with its target audience.

Associate
OP
@MikeLoader - yeah but I wanted something with good colours and with acceptable response time/refresh rate in case sometimes I play some FPS online... shame that it is so hard to find a reliable model/product.

@Cooper - thank you, just called them before I saw your comment, they will collect it tomorrow and refund it.
I had a look at LG 850UK 4K IPS, looks nice but 4K would be a bit too high for me on a 27inch monitor. I know I can upscale it in a menu, so everything would look bigger but then I don't see the reason to spend money on 4K.
Also, at the moment I am using an Alienware laptop from 2013 with a GTX 770M graphic card so don't really need more than 2K. What I really liked about AD27QD model that I got 2K and 140Hz refresh rate with a quite good colour gamut and response time. I wish I could get the same model but without this severe bleeding (and without dead pixel of course) or if there is any similar model with the same specs but from a more reliable manufacturer...

Associate
@Norbert Toth - I get that, I just recently got an IPS: BenQ GW2480, for my media comp. And I love the colours/ chrispness of the IPS panel, and would love to have an IPS gaming monitor. Heres hoping for the upcoming LG Nano IPS 27. It will have a new panel and amazing colours, so I cant wait.

If they manage the BLB and such, then I surely will go for it. I belive that a VA monitor is out of the question for me, as I hate smearing!

Soldato
Shame. Ive got 3 of them for my sim rig, they are absolutely spot on. Not a blemish across all 3, colours are excellent with very little bleed on one but only if you are being super critical and looking close for it.

I'm very impressed with them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think they must have given me yours if you returned it. I have just RMA'd mine

https://imgur.com/a/faxfQxU
faxfQxU
Wow, that’s awful. So weird how the same panel can differ so dramatically in quality.

Associate
OP
I think they must have given me yours if you returned it. I have just RMA'd mine

https://imgur.com/a/faxfQxU

Yes, I returned it straight away on the following day (they still made me pay for the return). Sorry to see that you got an awful one too... it actually looks exactly like mine, check for a stuck green pixel in the upper middle part of the screen, if you got that too then it was mine... I got a Viewsonic 24' TN panel instead, saved about £300, of course colors can't be compared to the ones an IPS panel has, but somehow this monitor doesn't give me headache/eye strain in 5 minutes :D

Back
Top Bottom