BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Can anyone tell me with the F22's iDrive is there any way for the media system to load my apps without having to actually use the app on the phone. For example, ideally, I'd like to plug my phone into the car, press media, go to Spotify and start listening. At the moment I have to plug it in, unlock the phone and start the app. It's not a huge inconvenience, but just wondered if this is standard behaviour?

Soldato
Can anyone tell me with the F22's iDrive is there any way for the media system to load my apps without having to actually use the app on the phone. For example, ideally, I'd like to plug my phone into the car, press media, go to Spotify and start listening. At the moment I have to plug it in, unlock the phone and start the app. It's not a huge inconvenience, but just wondered if this is standard behaviour?
I'm not totally sure...I haven't really tested, but it seems to be that the apps will load automatically if the phone is unlocked at the point you plug it in.

Soldato
Soldato
Do you have android phone?

Soldato
Hi all, on my way back from Supercar Fest yesterday I had a Brake warning pop up.

tRIPNrs.jpg
‘Brake pads worn, have them replaced by the nearest BMW service.

However if I do into the Vehicle Information bit on iDrive they seem to have plenty of life (Fronts were replaced 6 months ago) and indeed looking in person they look OK?
at9L5YC.jpg
4zG6Mxe.jpg

8QyFg59.jpg
lxBtufK.jpg

Am I right? It’s weird the error doesn’t mention front/rear when there’s clearly sensors for both.

It’s a little tricky as I have 2 long drives coming up this week and I know I have no chance of getting it booked in anywhere in time, but they look fine to me?

Man of Honour
I'm currently in need of a second car and having driven one previously, I do like the E46 Coupe. I was looking at the 330ci's as people say they're a superb all round car.

Ideally I'd go for an M3 but it just seems to be a minefield and I don't want to be fluffing loads of money looking after one, or paying the kind of money it would take to get a mint version of what is already a fairly old car.

There's also the 330cd, which I guess is probably not worth it over the petrol, or is it actually good?

Anyone had one, any thoughts appreciated.

Soldato
I'm currently in need of a second car and having driven one previously, I do like the E46 Coupe. I was looking at the 330ci's as people say they're a superb all round car.

Ideally I'd go for an M3 but it just seems to be a minefield and I don't want to be fluffing loads of money looking after one, or paying the kind of money it would take to get a mint version of what is already a fairly old car.

There's also the 330cd, which I guess is probably not worth it over the petrol, or is it actually good?

Anyone had one, any thoughts appreciated.

You need to spend a lot more to find a nice E46 M3 and maintaining one is much more expensive.

The 330ci is still an excellent car, I’ve had three. There is still a lot of choice so make sure you find a nice one. Quite a lot of them have rust now.

Overall they are generally reliable but they are obviously starting to get on a bit now. Coolant systems degrade over time, water pump propellers brake apart, plastic body on the thermostats give way and radiators bow. Ideally you want all of these changes.

They are generally heavy on suspension, and wear bushes and ball joints. Front arms and bushes can go, and will have an impact on braking and steering.

Drivers seat bolsters can wear, although my car with 116k is very good in this regards but I bought it based on condition and not mileage, which is what I would recommend.

Although the auto is a little old school now I still maintain they suit the 330 which always felt like a smaller GT car to me and 100% not a sports car.

Facelift cars got LED tail lights different headlamps, wheel design and a few other bits. Though I always preferred the mk1 sport.

Associate
Is the AC system actually blowing cold, air conditioned air? Mine (F11 Dec 2014 build) failed and the fans were just blowing none-cooled air about. There was a well known AC compressor weld issue. Car had to go into BMW for them to change it.

Thanks for the input. Was the condenser leaking and I’m now enjoying cold air! All covered under warranty, so very pleased!

Soldato
I am giving some thought to changing my RS Megane to a 3.0 Z4 coupe or a 125i coupe, as I'd like to experience the NA 3 litre engine before cars using it get too old. I reckon running costs might be similar?

Can anyone provide tips on what to look for in terms of pervious maintenance and specific things that should have been done? Any direct experience would also be fantastic. Thank you :)

Soldato
After 3.5 years with the E60 M5 of former PeterNem fame, my M ownership is coming to an end as I advertise it for sale to make way for something a bit classier next month.

Mixed emotions - excited for the new, but the sound of the V10 really is one of the all-time greats. The new M5 didn't tick the box for me. It will be missed!

Soldato
I am giving some thought to changing my RS Megane to a 3.0 Z4 coupe or a 125i coupe, as I'd like to experience the NA 3 litre engine before cars using it get too old. I reckon running costs might be similar?

Can anyone provide tips on what to look for in terms of pervious maintenance and specific things that should have been done? Any direct experience would also be fantastic. Thank you :)

Z4 coupe is a beautiful car, but the interior is going to be a rattly mess if not already but soon unless someone has gone through it with a fine tooth comb to stop plastic on plastic rubbing.
The 125i (Assuming E82) is the same 3L engine found in the 130i hatchback, just simply detuned, and a remap will bring power up to 260-270bhp.

That's my main contribution to the subject.

Back
Top Bottom