GOG Galaxy 2.0

Soldato
Read about this yesterday - And it sounds awesome! I don't know exactly how they're going to implement it, but I like the idea a lot.

I signed up for the beta - Fingers crossed I get a code! :D

Associate
i agree it is needed... but dont we already have it?

standards.png

Soldato
OP
It's does? Sorry I had no idea. I've never been that bothered about multiple launchers but have seen people saying they want this many times in other threads.

Soldato
My wife and I are very annoyed at our selves, we've been working on a platform to do just that. God knows why we didn't patent it haha. Obviously it was just a silly tool to keep everything under one roof without having to switch between clients and in no way even close to a product like GoG.

Either way, I am VERY excited to make the move to GoG 2.0 and even more excited it's in the hands of the correct company.

Soldato
Ooo just got an invite to the beta :D Can't wait to get home to give it a whirl :D

Anyone else tried it yet?
Not yet. Out of curiosity though, when did you sign up ? I signed up on the 23rd of May, around 15:00 UK time. Suppose to be in order as to when one signed up, so wondering if they got to the 23rd yet, since last I saw over at GOG was still on the 22nd. :p

Soldato
Not yet. Out of curiosity though, when did you sign up ? I signed up on the 23rd of May, around 15:00 UK time. Suppose to be in order as to when one signed up, so wondering if they got to the 23rd yet, since last I saw over at GOG was still on the 22nd. :p
I'm 21 hours behind you, so hopefully neither of us have long to wait

Soldato
OP
I got access around a week ago but have only just had time to give it a try. I've not spent long with it so far but seems to work pretty well. Linked to Steam and can see all my Steam games, you can then easily install or launch one. You can view all your games together, or by platform, or those currently installed, there are also other ways to filter such as genre. You can also see things like time played and achievements. I believe you should also be able to see your steam friends but that's not working yet.

Associate
I'm in too, nice beta, shame that it currently doesn't allow friends lists to be imported from the different clients. It also seems to work well with all the different clients. Having all the games in one library is great as it means I'm not too worried about where I buy the next game from as it can all be launched from the one application.

Soldato
I'm in too, nice beta, shame that it currently doesn't allow friends lists to be imported from the different clients. It also seems to work well with all the different clients. Having all the games in one library is great as it means I'm not too worried about where I buy the next game from as it can all be launched from the one application.

I think this is the thing I'm most excited about. I tend to forget the games I have on Origin/Battle.net/Uplay as I rarely only load Steam up by default. I may finally bother making a Epic game store account now. This removes that hurdle

Back
Top Bottom