What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Just finished Gomorra series 4, which I thought was the best yet.
Started the Americans 1st series on Amazon, good start seems like it's going to be decent.

Soldato
Just finished season 2 of Barry. Didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first, as I found the tone a little too uneven at times. But overall I still found it hugely entertaining. NoHo Hank is probably my favourite comedic character on TV right now.

icG

icG

Associate
any good mini-series out there? Something like True Detective, The night of? I've recently seen Narcos and luckily still have Chernobyl and When they see us coming up next - but these are quite short should be done in 1 weeks tops. Any suggestions?

Soldato
any good mini-series out there? Something like True Detective, The night of? I've recently seen Narcos and luckily still have Chernobyl and When they see us coming up next - but these are quite short should be done in 1 weeks tops. Any suggestions?

If you don't object to something more supernatural, The Terror is worth a watch. Only one season has aired so far (second is out in a few weeks), but it's entirely self contained. Well written and acted, with an interesting setting/premise. I liked it a lot despite one or two missteps.

icG

icG

Associate
I'll give The Terror a go, thank you both. I usually prefer finished series (I only watched GoT this year for example) as I hate waiting years for new seasons but if they're self contained I don't mind.

Soldato
Just finished season 2 of Barry. Didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first, as I found the tone a little too uneven at times. But overall I still found it hugely entertaining. NoHo Hank is probably my favourite comedic character on TV right now.
The Ronny/Lily episode was ART! Incredible TV.

I actually thought S2 was a really big step up from S1. And I did enjoy the first set quite a bit.

Soldato
The Ronny/Lily episode was ART! Incredible TV.

I actually thought S2 was a really big step up from S1. And I did enjoy the first set quite a bit.

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority in thinking season 1 was slightly better. But having thought about it some more, I'm going to put it down to tiredness having binged all season 2 in one fell swoop (which in itself is a sign of a good show!). I'll revisit it again before season 3 next year, but let myself digest each episode a bit instead of launching straight into the next one.

Agreed though; Ronny/Lily was amazing!

Man of Honour
Dark

It started a bit slowly and it's a little confusing to begin with. But I'm now completely hooked.

Likewise, binge watched Season 1 and have literally just finished the season 1 finale. As you say, I also felt it started slow but gathered pace. Superb show, love all the twists and turns, though it is a bit of a mind**** at times. Happy to hear that they have renewed it for a 3rd season but sad to hear that the 3rd season will be the final season.

Back
Top Bottom