Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Saw your Celica for sale @kona786 why did you sell it? Ulez? Or just wanted something else ? Mini looks great! Number of times I nearly bought one..

Hey grudas, mainly beacuse I had it ages and wanted to sell it while it still worked well. Paid for 6weeks on AT and sold it within 24hrs :D
I wanted a proper little hot hatch while I still could and before we get super nanny state with surveillance. Only had it a few days so still getting used to it, engine is powerful but too smooth, JCW Pro exhaust should add the needed drama. The overtaking punch of the engine is bliss. And thank god for the adaptive dampers, I like my comfort when not in sport mode.

Soldato
Farewell ST202 Celica after 6+ years of happy ownership.

zKRVL2m.jpg

Hello F56 MINI JCW.

eJpNUmy.jpg

First 2 mods planned. Michelin PS4, JCW Valved exhaust!

The new Goodyear F1 SuperSports are available in the correct size for the JCW Mini these are the equivalent of the PS4S so may be a better buy than PS4. I plan to swap from the poor factory P7s to these I am struggling to justify swapping 4 tyres with plenty of tread on them but they are poor all round bar wear !!!

Soldato
I love both the DC5 and FD2, but they're too rich for me and probably too stiff to be a decent daily driver, that's why i'd have a CL7 Accord Euro R everytime, Much better daily driver with great practicality but still retaining all the goodies that makes the DC5/FD2 great, the 220bhp K20, LSD etc.

That FD2 RR is stunning though on Torque GT, the twin exhausts really sets the looks off imo

Last edited:
Soldato
The styling is mostly Marmite, I can see why some would like it. Personally I would do it different, but at least it is well executed. The massive non-functional spoiler however, I would put firmly in the "embarrassing" category. Yes it has some performance in it, but not enough for the spoiler to make sense. Maybe it could pull it off if it had a tuned Golf R lump in it. Maybe. The 'R' monickers when there is nothing remotely 'R' about it are also a bit fingers-down-your-throat. You wouldn't put ST graphics on a tuned up 1.0 EcoBoost Fiesta.

If it has been looked after properly then there is no reason why it wouldn't be. The latter point however, is very true. But is not relevant to this particular discussion! :)

yeah thats fair enough on the spoiler, i was more talking about the other styling specifically, mean if that spoiler had a purpose because it was converted to rwd or awd then yeah fine, its no more silly looking than touring/rally cars, but that spoiler aside, if you take it off the polo still has decent performance to match the looks, you have to bare in mind there are small cars like the older fiestas, the 107/c1 etc that have some sort of racing category which are weaker than this polo ;). as for the fiesta st comment, when there are st-line fiestas with the 1ltr ecoboost engine anyways then there is no reason to add stickers or wouldnt matter if you did, not like the st itself has anything special going for it in terms of badges/graphics :p.

well what i said partly relates to the discussion as they did say 'quicker' off the line ;), looks and sounds are personal preference and the fact they said '20 year old bmw' means they didnt state which one, a straight 6 sounds lovely, a 1.6/1.8 not so much, a 3 cylinder has a nicer sound.

Soldato
The new Goodyear F1 SuperSports are available in the correct size for the JCW Mini these are the equivalent of the PS4S so may be a better buy than PS4. I plan to swap from the poor factory P7s to these I am struggling to justify swapping 4 tyres with plenty of tread on them but they are poor all round bar wear !!!

Cheers for that. The P7 are indeed terrible, and the squealing is embarrassing.

Associate
Decided to put my DC5 up for sale after 4 years ownership. its been great, so reliable and an absolute hoot to drive..think the K100 Mugen Twinloop and intake help :D . Recently been finding myself having an itch for a change. Keep coming back to the GT86/BRZ with a few choice mods or the left field choice of a Nismo 370z or maybe another S2000. Decisions decisions.

I've owned so many Hondas now, DC2, ATR, EP3, S2000.

IMG20190713210323.jpg

IMG20190714161022.jpg

IMG20190713205809.jpg

IMG20190713210146.jpg

Awesome shape for a 15 year old motor.

Associate
Decided to put my DC5 up for sale after 4 years ownership. its been great, so reliable and an absolute hoot to drive..think the K100 Mugen Twinloop and intake help :D . Recently been finding myself having an itch for a change. Keep coming back to the GT86/BRZ with a few choice mods or the left field choice of a Nismo 370z or maybe another S2000. Decisions decisions.

I've owned so many Hondas now, DC2, ATR, EP3, S2000.

IMG20190713210323.jpg

IMG20190714161022.jpg

IMG20190713210146.jpg
Ironically not many people are fan of the blue recaros but I'm fan of them, particularly with the blue paint aswell and it's very in your face.

Soldato
Bought the tvr! First drive was 6 hours of busy motorway in the pouring rain at night, and I thought I'd made a terrible mistake. But I (and the car) are much happier since getting home and bombing down a few Cornish b-roads with the roof down.

A bit of fettling required (biggest suspicion is that the gearbox might need some work soonish) but I think it's basically sound.

F1o7vjC.jpg

D65MRn6.jpg

EuXxC5S.jpg

Jm1vOHm.jpg

First job was to remove the mouse nest and chewed up gear stick gaiter from under the transmission console :p

Soldato
Bought the tvr! First drive was 6 hours of busy motorway in the pouring rain at night, and I thought I'd made a terrible mistake. But I (and the car) are much happier since getting home and bombing down a few Cornish b-roads with the roof down.

A bit of fettling required (biggest suspicion is that the gearbox might need some work soonish) but I think it's basically sound.

F1o7vjC.jpg

D65MRn6.jpg

EuXxC5S.jpg

Jm1vOHm.jpg

First job was to remove the mouse nest and chewed up gear stick gaiter from under the transmission console :p

Ah, the mighty wedge. Looks lovely. I had a Chimaera about 20 years ago. Amazing car, but very temperamental.

Back
Top Bottom