Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
I don’t think our transfer budget is £40m. The stuff I’m seeing from us makes me think we’ve got a much bigger reserve than the board are letting on. Just a pathetic attempt to try and keep the prices down imo. Looks like Saliba is on the verge of being wrapped up for £27m, Tierney’s still a big possibility, plus there’s some others being rumoured as well like Soares, plus an expensive loan deal for Ceballos. I’ll probably be let down as usual, but something just doesn’t feel right to me about this “£40m transfer budget”

Tierney in the right team would make Robertson look like Phil Jones. He's far better defensively. Is far more accurate at crossing / passing. Maybe lacks the stamina that Robertson has but he has had a double hernia hindering him last season.

£25m is peanuts for him. He's worth £50m+ if wan bissaka is.

Don
Tierney in the right team would make Robertson look like Phil Jones. He's far better defensively. Is far more accurate at crossing / passing. Maybe lacks the stamina that Robertson has but he has had a double hernia hindering him last season.

In the right team? He's playing in a glorified Sunday league, league...in a team completely superior to everyone else? Surely his stats should absolutely smash Robertson's, yet they don't at all. I'm sure Robertson playing in the SPL would be a lot better than Tierneys.

Caporegime
In the right team? He's playing in a glorified Sunday league, league...in a team completely superior to everyone else? Surely his stats should absolutely smash Robertson's, yet they don't at all. I'm sure Robertson playing in the SPL would be a lot better than Tierneys.

judged on last season when he needed an op and was injured for most of it then yes. but 2 seasons before that then no.

also lol at sunday league. the same league where 3 players in the champions league final made their names and got their big moves from.

Soldato

This is absolute nonsense. Robertson is the best left back in Europe, Tierney isnt close.

25 mil does seem on the cheap side for me though, that doesnt get you a lot of player nowadays.

Caporegime
Rafa leaves newcastle because he wanted money....

Now today newcastle break there transfer record :o:p:p

He wanted control over transfers and investment in the training ground which, by all intents and purposes, is woefully behind other Premier League clubs and likely most Championship clubs.

Associate
Joelinton is such a weird one, he's never scored more than 8 goals in any league season, he only managed 15 goals over 2 years in Austria, yet Newcastle have spent £40m for him to lead the line. Questionable.

Caporegime
How does everyone not realise that psycho sonny completely overvalues the scottish league and everyone that plays in it yet?

van dijk
wanyama
di canio
van hooijdonk
larsson

list goes on and on

i'd like to see what your team could do with a budget of £10m a year

first team in britain to win a european cup

take the money away from your teams and they would be relegated in the scottish premiership.

Don
I'm really struggling to understand the point you're making. Is it that at some point, some good players played in the SPL? I'm sure I could make a list of top class players that began their career in Croatia too - does that make the top division in Croatian football a top league too?

Soldato
Newcastle really are run appallingly. They will go down this season. Rafa is the only thing that has kept them in the premiership last couple of years.

They'd have been better off giving Rafa that 40m they just spent on some unknown striker who's never scored more than a handful of goals in a poor league.

Back
Top Bottom