Lunch in Manchester

Soldato
Monsoons Kebab shop was the best kebab I have ever tasted (chicken tika and they fresh cooked their naans and used letture not cabbage and their sauces were also hand made.)

sadly its closed now (it was opposite the old BBC building on oxford road). I was genuinely gutted!. all the time from 1994 when they opened (I think) through to when they closed in the naughties their prices never changed. £3 for a chicken kebab.... £3.50 for a chicken Donner mix.

sorry no help to you...... but i have eaten in the Ivy (in cambridge) its nice but for me, not worth the cost - unless you are expensing of course.

Last edited:
Commissario
Why did none of you Manchester johnnies come and join us on our Don trip a couple of weeks ago. I'd offered to stand the first person who approached us a drink but nooooo, nobody came!

I haz 4090!
Don
Didn't realise there were so many of us. I work next to the Ivy too in 3 Hardman Street.

Hah, I'm in number 2 :p

Why did none of you Manchester johnnies come and join us on our Don trip a couple of weeks ago. I'd offered to stand the first person who approached us a drink but nooooo, nobody came!

I was fully intending to come but I had a do with her family. :mad:

Associate
Late to the party but Ciaooo is probably the best pizza in Manchester at the moment, Rudys just feels a bit 'safe' compared to it. Although I'm not sure they open for lunch.

Viet Shak though is awesome and they do a 9.99 any dish and a drink for lunch. Shack Fries ftw

Soldato

I was on my honeymoon, but I would 100% have driven over just to shout at you all.

Edit: I say that, I went into the shop several times when I lived in Stoke and never said anything because I was scared.

Back
Top Bottom