Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Caporegime
Massive collision here on Leigham Court Road. A bike and a Mini, the bike was absolutely smashed to pieces, it was literally strewn across about 100ft of road. No idea what happened, can't find any details yet but I'd be very surprised if the rider survived that, he/she must've been absolutely flying :(

Soldato
Soldato
What bike next?

List so far is:

Street triple
Husqvarna Nuda 900
MT-07
MT-09
Street triple R
Bmw S1000R
Suzuki GSX-S1000

Tempted by the aprilia tuono but the nearest dealer being 65 miles away is off putting.

Would love to try the SD 1290R but at 5ft10" I'm too small for it.

Man of Honour
What bike next?

List so far is:

Street triple
Husqvarna Nuda 900
MT-07
MT-09
Street triple R
Bmw S1000R
Suzuki GSX-S1000

Tempted by the aprilia tuono but the nearest dealer being 65 miles away is off putting.

Definitely skip the Tuono if your garage isn't local. I speak from experience here...

You can drop the MT-07, MT-09 (non-SP version I assume) and the stock Street Triple from that list too as the suspension on them all is not up to the task.

The rest are great bikes and I'd be happy owning any of them. I'm the same height as you and I have no issues with the SDR.

Soldato
Definitely skip the Tuono if your garage isn't local. I speak from experience here...

You can drop the MT-07, MT-09 (non-SP version I assume) and the stock Street Triple from that list too as the suspension on them all is not up to the task.

The rest are great bikes and I'd be happy owning any of them. I'm the same height as you and I have no issues with the SDR.

I think that list is a list of bikes he's had.

Soldato
What bike next?

List so far is:

Street triple
Husqvarna Nuda 900
MT-07
MT-09
Street triple R
Bmw S1000R
Suzuki GSX-S1000

I’m going to buck the trend. Get the Aprilia. I’d never normally recommend one but it needs to be on that list and why not now.

Ensure your dealer has comfy chairs and an excellent recovery / collection service.

Soldato
@Malt_Vinegar Fancy some 80's v4 goodness in yer life ? . My lad bought a project couple of years ago but with uni and stuff its never gonna get done . I did a lot of the basic stuff before he went to uni and he had the aftermarket shock rebuilt as it had siezed due to not being used . Its more of a cosmetic rebuild really with some basic mechanical stuff. Its a nc21 v4 400 . He also got a decent tank for it as original was full of holes.. and there has rare as hens teeth :p

Transmission breaker
Don
@Malt_Vinegar Fancy some 80's v4 goodness in yer life ? . My lad bought a project couple of years ago but with uni and stuff its never gonna get done . I did a lot of the basic stuff before he went to uni and he had the aftermarket shock rebuilt as it had siezed due to not being used . Its more of a cosmetic rebuild really with some basic mechanical stuff. Its a nc21 v4 400 . He also got a decent tank for it as original was full of holes.. and there has rare as hens teeth :p

Maybe when this 400 is done! I am developing a taste for them!

Man of Honour
Weather has been lovely to ride about lately but I decided to drive to work today, traffic lights at 35 degrees and straddling a big naked v-twin was getting a touch too toasty for me.

Man of Honour
I was going to get the Bird out but that thing will roast your chestnuts doing anything less than 20mph even in mildish weather, today would have been a full on crotch bbq :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom