Netflix: Drive to Survive

Soldato
I watched this a while back and totally loved it, not really an F1 fan, but my interests were peaked.
What I did notice though was that Grosjean was always a crutch to the team, bad moves, constant complaining, lack of team play...everytime I saw him I wondered why they kept him around. He's seemed like such a whiney mare.

Caporegime
So many people still bang on about him being fast when he's not screwing up, completely missing that he doesn't stop screwing up. Steiner made a HUGE mistake not canning him last year. He's basically embarrassing Grosjean within the team, he's talking down about him in front of everyone in that lunch meeting then he gives him another year. Grosjean managed to hit Magnussen again and then complain it was Magnussen's fault. He was alongside pretty much the last 1/3rd of that straight, there were cars right with them, does he expect him to disappear? He stays outside, Mag inside and they are fine, instead he cuts a tight line.

Steiner can't make that kind of stand about one of his own drivers then continue on with him. You're going to have some guys who love Grosjean who feel crappy about how he's being treated and then the majority of guys frustrated that Grosjean trashes all their hard work every other weekend, the boss knows but the boss kept him around anyway. Steiner really likes that tough plain talking reputation he has yet he was soft in the easiest decision he's had since being at Haas imo.

If he survives another year at any team I'll be fairly surprised, if Steiner gives him yet another season at Haas... he'll lose even more respect.

I do wonder if Haas are thinking about a decent wage offer for Rossi who at the moment has no drive for next year. Would be huge in terms of popular US driver going to F1 for Haas getting more F1 coverage at home and if he is actually any good it could work out.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The German GP highlighted how rubbish Grosjean is at racing wheel to wheel.

I think he’ll be replaced at the end of the year if he crashes again.

Caporegime
Hamilton has refused to allow Netflix to use any of the footage of him at the German GP weekend, apparently due to his Illness. Not because they both had a **** weekend I'm sure.

Don
Hamilton has refused to allow Netflix to use any of the footage of him at the German GP weekend, apparently due to his Illness. Not because they both had a **** weekend I'm sure.

They might have got footage of him throwing up / hurling in a bucket. I wouldn't want that footage on Netflix either

Associate
The German GP highlighted how rubbish Grosjean is at racing wheel to wheel.

I think he’ll be replaced at the end of the year if he crashes again.
It was pretty funny to see the 2 Haas drivers collide again despite taking each other out in the previous race and having just had the hairdryer treatment from the boss.

Soldato
Now that I have netflix, I watched all 10 episodes back to back on Friday. It's funny to actually hear them swearing when we're used to hearing it bleeped out. Wasn't expecting any from Lewis or Christian Horner, they always struck me as people that would never swear.

Interesting series. It does bring it home just how unfair this sport is. It's a level playing field only by rules, certainly not by car. Ricciardo answered he would undoubtedly beat Lewis in the same car.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I thought Season 1 was brilliant. Binged watched the entire season the other week. Can't wait for Season 2. Looks epic.

Back
Top Bottom