• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Pff I have to look in the news to hear about this weather. I'm sure its all exaggerated.

21 degrees in plymouth, cool breeze and cloudy sky. Then down low there's sea mist all over the place.

Permabanned
@beany_bot
I'm an Overclocker used to use bucket full of ice to put my 360 external radiator in it for benching so..
There You go my creation. Ghetto poor mans AC unit build 1.1

Bucked filled up with ice topped up with Water fan blowing on to the water in my cardboard tunnel. One hour of this cut me 3c of Bedroom temperature down before i went to sleep
L6vH7sx.jpg

Overclocking is way of life :cool:

TrM

TrM

Associate
Fanless too I’d have hoped.

I think the fans will stay for a few generations I fell well on main stream motherboards I expect to see the top end to be fanless but the rest will all have active cooling:(

I can also see the active fan and NVMe ssd heatsinks to be even more connected on next x670 I know some are now but the new pci express 4 drives really do get hot and there not even using full pci express 4 yet so I can see the new x670 use the fan with heat pipes to those drives exp after they start hitting much higher speeds then they do now

Associate
Got the Taichi, 16gb of the 8 pack 4000 and a 3800x. Took me longer than I thought to put it all together (needed a backplate from Ek).

Soon as I finished I started thinking about what else I wanted.. a pc build is never truly complete, but the Mrs is maternity leave so I cant sneak any deliveries past her...

Soldato
Got the Taichi, 16gb of the 8 pack 4000 and a 3800x. Took me longer than I thought to put it all together (needed a backplate from Ek).

Soon as I finished I started thinking about what else I wanted.. a pc build is never truly complete, but the Mrs is maternity leave so I cant sneak any deliveries past her...
We have a frighteningly similar setup and life!

Soldato
Well built my 3800X setup on an ASRock x570 Phantom gaming 4 with some T-Force dark pro 3600 RAM. I swear I bought the Thermaltake Water 3.0 and it said it had AM4 bracket, but as NZXT stuff like the G12 Kraken supports other manufacturers AIO pumps I managed to use the Kraken X62 brackets with the thermaltake AIO as I couldnt be bothered to dismantle the Kraken on the 1080ti.

It's been so long since I reinstalled windows from afresh that I forgot how long it took. I ache between the legs from that. So too with a BIOS especially with so many more variables and options. Just left it all on auto and adjusted the RAM to 3733Mhz and so far runs well. Seems in all the monitoring software including AMD's own in Ryzen master the CPU temp graphs are sawtoothed. Gaming PUBG @4k saw max temps between 50 and 65 degrees. Idle around 50 degrees but I havent adjusted the apparent high voltage even at idle people are experiencing. The minumums in framerates are much higher and the fps counter meaning less variance on the framecunter. So much smoother experience. Thgough the game has just had a significant patch so dunno how much is down to that. I'll try FARCRY 5 later.

What I did notice from the Afterburner graphs on the core usage is that across the 8 cores they varied from 80% use on the highest core and down to single figures on the lowest core. The cores all bosted to same speed (I have PBO on currently) and the core sped was 4350-4450 during gaming.

CPU-Z saw 544 in single thread bench test.

Now just wait for the BIOS's etc to develop to maybe increase performance or fully working according to those who realy know what they are on about, though could be just older boards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom