It's too hot :(

Soldato
I work from home midweek. It's currently 37C in the room with my PC.
Annoyingly, I was given a shiny new work laptop to work on only last week - but they had to keep it in the office to migrate it to a new domain. Bloody typical that it would be this week - it's at least 10 degrees cooler downstairs in the living room, but I'm not carting my desktop PC down there :D

Soldato
Next week is wall to wall rain. Now hit max temp of 35 today. Country grinding to a halt, METROLINK severe delays due to "extreme heat" Buckling tracks, end of the world.

They should speak to the aussies about how to build railways lol

We seem to have 3 hours of storms forecast tonight just outside of London. Fingers crossed, will save me watering the garden!

haha :D Kinda hope the next one isn't at some ungodly hour of the night

The mostly sheet lightning from the other night wasn't really helping clear the air :(

Yeah I heard :( some fork lightning was seen by some friends but nothing spectacular.

Man of Honour
Yeah I heard :( some fork lightning was seen by some friends but nothing spectacular.

I could see the occasional ground strike in the distance from me that looked pretty savage and were probably pretty loud up close but from what I saw it was all cloud to cloud stuff over me.

Associate
Just got back from a long cycle around Richmond Park, topped out at 37c, 39c real feel according to my phone. Had issues dealing with heat in the past so trying to train myself to deal with it, likely the hottest day I've cycled on and maybe the hottest day I've ever experienced in England.

The contrast of going back from the park to the hot noisy roads was horrible, there's major traffic jams and it felt even hotter.

Luckily I work from home too, but no AC so is likely high 20's indoors here with just fans and a cold water filler little box cooler. I'd still take this over having to get the tube any day, or even a long bus or train journey, central London must be hellish right now. Anyone dealing with that has my sympathy and respect.

Associate
Just got back from a long cycle around Richmond Park, topped out at 37c, 39c real feel according to my phone. Had issues dealing with heat in the past so trying to train myself to deal with it, likely the hottest day I've cycled on and maybe the hottest day I've ever experienced in England.

The contrast of going back from the park to the hot noisy roads was horrible, there's major traffic jams and it felt even hotter.

Luckily I work from home too, but no AC so is likely high 20's indoors here with just fans and a cold water filler little box cooler. I'd still take this over having to get the tube any day, or even a long bus or train journey, central London must be hellish right now. Anyone dealing with that has my sympathy and respect.

I remember the central line being like satans personal greenhouse on wheels on days like this. Glad I decided to drive into work today instead of getting the tram into Notts, unsurprisingly it's ground to a halt until "the trams are cool enough"...

Associate
Working away from home and just checked in to my hotel. Air con unit in the room humming away nicely. Bit chilly actually. Might knock it up a couple of degrees.

Car showed 38.5 degrees travelling up the M1.

Soldato
Took the decision to work from home today and looking at the rail companies updates that looks like the right choice (although I've had to give up working in the spare room with the big monitor to working down stairs which is now far to hot and use the laptop's own keyboard and pad and tiny screen from the dinning table).

Back
Top Bottom