GOG Galaxy 2.0

Associate
Eaxctly the same boat as you.

I thought I'd signed up for the beta but maybe I forgot...goes to look at the GOG website to check

EDIT: Ah, my workplace firewalls/web virus checker won't allow me to load it.
Then I probbly forgot to try it at home.

Man of Honour
Ahhhh, so thats what this is. I saw Cohhcarnage using this on his stream a few weeks ago and wondered what launcher it was.

Pretty nifty, I'll give that a go too

Soldato
I'm 21 hours behind you, so hopefully neither of us have long to wait
I got the invite an hour ago or so, you might see yours soonish as well then. :p

Got a bit of a scare after having clicked on the Download link, it says **GOG GALAXY 2.0 requires Windows 8 or newer.** But, I tried and it installed just fine on Windows 7 as well ! :p

For others that are waiting, I signed up on the 23rd of May, around 15:00 UK time. From what I understand having read over at GOG forums, they sending invites out in the order people have signed up, so if you signed up in June you be waiting for some time still.

Soldato
After a little bit of playing around, I think it looks great and works pretty well. Still most definitely a beta though - Hopefully they can get it together quickly (although, I wonder if they'll wait until Cyberpunk's release to go gold on Galaxy 2)...

Associate
Does anyone know yet, if i link my Steam account to the GOG launcher and I then install a Steam game from within GOG, does it save my Steam game files to the GOG folder or still save them in the Steam folder?

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know yet, if i link my Steam account to the GOG launcher and I then install a Steam game from within GOG, does it save my Steam game files to the GOG folder or still save them in the Steam folder?

It will save it to your steam folder, it will pop up with the usual steam install dialogue box so you can select which steam install location to use if you have multiple setup. Steam is still doing all the work and needs to run, this is just pointing to it really, and letting you see and manage it all in one place.

Associate
It will save it to your steam folder, it will pop up with the usual steam install dialogue box so you can select which steam install location to use if you have multiple setup. Steam is still doing all the work and needs to run, this is just pointing to it really, and letting you see and manage it all in one place.

Thanks mate. Installed it and like it so far

Soldato
Still can't figure out the benefit of this as it still has to launch the other clients in order to launch games. So instead of having a single client open, you now have two open.

Soldato
Still can't figure out the benefit of this as it still has to launch the other clients in order to launch games. So instead of having a single client open, you now have two open.

I suppose its a nice looking GUI for all your desktop shortcuts so you have a list of all your titles in one place. Been using Playnite which I suppose does a similar thing.

Man of Honour

I think (and I might be wrong on this) that it puts all your friends lists in one place, so instead of having some friends on steam and some on uplay and some on origin and needing all of those clients open to see what each friend is up to, you can just have GOG2 open and have everyone in one list. Maybe someone who has it could confirm if thats the case.

Soldato
I've barely used it. Been installed for weeks now, but I just don't really have any use for it besides looking at the cumulative monthly gaming hours (quite shocking :p).

Back
Top Bottom