It's too hot :(

Soldato
I swim at central London's only outdoor pool twice a week on my lunch break. It was chaos today. About 40-50 people queueing outside and absolutely bedlam around the outdoor pool. Like Magaluf or something. So I retreated with the 'proper' swimmers to the indoor pool. And spent about 10mins catching the rays and ogling the view outside before having to get back to the office. When I left there was about 60-70 people still in the queue outside. It looked like doors had just opened for a gig or something!

Man of Honour
Clouded right over and it’s made it much more uncomfortable with the added humidity. Damn, we need a good storm.

Doing that here now - was quite pleasant with a breeze outside earlier - now doing anything outside at all you quickly feel like you've just ran a marathon.

Soldato
I swim at central London's only outdoor pool twice a week on my lunch break. It was chaos today. About 40-50 people queueing outside and absolutely bedlam around the outdoor pool. Like Magaluf or something. So I retreated with the 'proper' swimmers to the indoor pool. And spent about 10mins catching the rays and ogling the view outside before having to get back to the office. When I left there was about 60-70 people still in the queue outside. It looked like doors had just opened for a gig or something!
Oasis? That was the pool I learned to swim while at primary school in the late 70s / early 80s.

Soldato
Cycled 40 miles today and melted. Got through 4 bottles of water, one of which went over my head. The tarmac was melting in some parts!

Got a nice breeze blowing through the house now but it's still 31c

Man of Honour
It was just about manageable before the clouds rolled in. Went to check the recycling just now and came back covered in sweat!

Upstairs is like an oven despite me working from home downstairs all day. Seems like the heat has gotten to our internet now. Me and a few neighbours have had problems all day. Few guys from Virgin walking around too. Off to have my 3rd Magnum of the day :D

Associate
Now that's a lovely outdoor summer temperature!

Indoor will be around 26-28 unfortunately but we can't have everything. I look forward to Oct/Nov where it'll be a nice 20-22C. :D

Good summer weather is the kind that allows you to sit outside in the evening with a cold refreshing drink without making you wonder if you should get a jacket. :p

Man of Honour
It was just about manageable before the clouds rolled in. Went to check the recycling just now and came back covered in sweat!

Upstairs is like an oven despite me working from home downstairs all day. Seems like the heat has gotten to our internet now. Me and a few neighbours have had problems all day. Few guys from Virgin walking around too. Off to have my 3rd Magnum of the day :D

Yup, I thought it was a blessing losing the sun. The humidity has gone through the roof.

Soldato
Wife and I have retreated to the bedroom with A/C and a fan going. It's a full 10C cooler than downstairs!

Given the poor little guinea pigs an ice pack and lots of nice cold lettuce to cool them down a bit :D

Back
Top Bottom