It's too hot :(

Soldato
One trick I forgot about until lunchtime was a big, old bit of white, blackout-lined curtain. Trap it in the windows, so it's on the outside reflecting heat and light; makes a huge difference to our west facing living room. Now I'm only miserable instead of simmering, so I've turned the laptop on for a few minutes. Don't want the TV or this on for long though... nothing that generates heat!

I find it genuinely fascinating that some folk thrive in these conditions. I'd commit suicide by ice cube if I had to live like this all the time! I'm praying that global warming screws the gulf stream and gives us Canada's climate for the next phase of global disaster.

Soldato
Enjoy it while you still can and those of you, stop bloody moaning!!! :p

Start of August next week, nights will noticeably be getting darker and the cold chill will begin to bite!

Man of Honour
A few loud rumbles of thunder just now, skies have gone dark and it sounds like the storms are finally coming!

Looks like it is the North and East's turn - not looking like anything here in the South West.

EDIT: Has the potential to be pretty bad around Leicester if it starts there - massive amount of energy above.

Soldato
Enjoy it while you still can!
But that's what's fascinating. How is there anything in weather like this to enjoy, especially if you've got any kind of work to do? My body feels like I've got flu (ok, a bad cold)... just completely drained of energy and motivation; it's like wading through warm treacle all day. Yet some folk soak it up with a big grin.

There's got to be a big genetic, physiological factor involved, and I'm from Peak District stock... if it's not raining and a bit nippy my body hasn't got a clue how to function. Speaking of which, must go refresh the water in the bird bath. Had a queue of sparrows lined up there at lunchtime.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMUYKr1QhI4LcxQY4cNiUd0mUd7YleIGJo960qF
FSDcAcp4s3UCot4y9

Associate
London Euston station was like the 7th circle of hell earlier. Points failure, plus overhead wire damage plus speed restrictions plus thousands of people equals heat and anger!

Back
Top Bottom