The C8 Corvette now shown without camouflage - 'vette going mid-engined

Soldato
Looks like it'll be one hell of a car.

However, there's something wrong about it, but it's probably me, not the car. If somebody said to me "check out my Corvette" and showed me that, I'd be almost disappointed. I'm not saying it's a worse car, quite the opposite. It's just not what is expected of the "Corvette" name.
A feeling not dissimilar to the new Supra in that respect.

Soldato
Nice looking car, and great value (in the US at least) but it appears car manufacturers have completely lost the plot when it comes to useable driver interfaces. Mercedes and Tesla were leading the way in useless designs, but Chevy seem to have taken the lead here, not only a cretinous iPad nailed to the dash, but also the longest line of tightly packed buttons that are apparently designed to be operated by the passenger rather than driver. Shame, as apart from the gash chrome it's quite an interesting interior.

Soldato
So about 47k plus duty and shipping at the current exchange.

Dont forget VAT at 20%. I think shipping is around £2k, so:

Landed £49k
Add Duty 10% = £55k
Then VAT at 20%: £66k

And that's for the base model. The one you actually want will be at least another $10k / £10k.

Probably best to budget high 70s. And that's assuming you want to spend that kind of money at an independent importer, with limited aftersales.

Soldato
Not very American looking.
Am I the only one that prefers the C7 Z06, or even the grand sport?
Looks like it'll be one hell of a car.

However, there's something wrong about it, but it's probably me, not the car. If somebody said to me "check out my Corvette" and showed me that, I'd be almost disappointed. I'm not saying it's a worse car, quite the opposite. It's just not what is expected of the "Corvette" name.
A feeling not dissimilar to the new Supra in that respect.
A Vette needs a long bonnet. :(

Clearly Corvette should have gone mid-engine a couple of generations ago. They've built up too long a legacy of front engine with a long bonnet. :)

Soldato
Dont forget VAT at 20%. I think shipping is around £2k, so:

Landed £49k
Add Duty 10% = £55k
Then VAT at 20%: £66k

And that's for the base model. The one you actually want will be at least another $10k / £10k.

Probably best to budget high 70s. And that's assuming you want to spend that kind of money at an independent importer, with limited aftersales.

I would probably order a RHD one from the states and ship it over myself. The problem is the price. I think the best thing would be to let all the youtubers get their fill and order next summer. It’s going to need to be fantastic for a 70k price tag.

Soldato
Well you wouldn't order it without reading all the reviews anyway, dont forget the last corvette was very good as well; let alone the Camaro ! just looked on youtube it looks pretty damned good to me

Soldato
I would probably order a RHD one from the states and ship it over myself. The problem is the price. I think the best thing would be to let all the youtubers get their fill and order next summer. It’s going to need to be fantastic for a 70k price tag.

I'm not convinced that US dealers will be selling RHD models. In fact, you may need to import one from Australia!

Back
Top Bottom