looking for 144hz monitor - advice

Associate
Hi fellow enthusiasts,

looking to upgrade a monitor for my first 144hz, I've done a bit of reading on the panel types etc, however i'm looking for something fairly cheap, as my main games are csgo and rocket league etc., and from what reading i've done, there's not a huge difference if you're not looking for g-sync etc, (freesync is not vital as i've got a 1080ti, so wouldn't be used) I've taken a look at the LG 24GL600F-B 24" as due to desk space 24" would be my preference. My main question to put out there to anyone using similar or slightly more expensive versions, is it worth paying the extra money for a higher spec; different panel monitor, or do the diminishing returns make something like the LG a great deal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Soldato
Hi fellow enthusiasts,

looking to upgrade a monitor for my first 144hz, I've done a bit of reading on the panel types etc, however i'm looking for something fairly cheap, as my main games are csgo and rocket league etc., and from what reading i've done, there's not a huge difference if you're not looking for g-sync etc, (freesync is not vital as i've got a 1080ti, so wouldn't be used) I've taken a look at the LG 24GL600F-B 24" as due to desk space 24" would be my preference. My main question to put out there to anyone using similar or slightly more expensive versions, is it worth paying the extra money for a higher spec; different panel monitor, or do the diminishing returns make something like the LG a great deal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You can use freesync with your 1080ti, Nvidia enabled it a few drivers back. How well it works depends on the monitor, but the reviews for that one seem to suggest it works fine with Nvidia cards.

For £140, not sure you can wrong really. Freesync on it works good with Nvidia, has a good range freesync range (48-144hz) and has a strobing ultra low blur mode as well.

If you want ips instead of tn, there are suppose to be some 1080/144hz, 24" ips monitors coming out at some point, so could be worth waiting, but not sure there are any release dates for them yet :(.

Associate
From what I read on blur busters, the LG 24GL600F is probably the best of the new 144hz gaming panels with very good pixel response, and as its a 23.6in panel the ppi is very good better than the 25in panels, and on of the top 3 to get for competitive gaming, and its quite cheap

Back
Top Bottom