what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Caporegime
Current state of the collection:

Headphones:
Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro
Sennheiser HD650
HiFiMan HE400i
AKG K702 (modded)
Beyerdynamic DT990 pro
Sony MDR-1A
Sony MDR-100AAP

Source: PC running JRiver Mediacenter > Schiit Modi Multibit > Schiit Vali 2 (with Mullard 6DJ8 tube)

IEMs:
Fidue A73
Brainwavz B150
Brainwavz B100
Tennemak Pro
Tennemak Piano
RHA MA750

Source: Fiio X1 or (Motorolla G7)

I'm probably in a similar state to you.

Headphones

HD600
HD700
AKG Q701
DT770
On Ear Momentums
Sony XM3 - Wireless noise cancelling

(I recently sold HD558, HD25-1 II's and PC350 SE's and I've owned Hifiman HE400's and HD595's, Fidelio X1's, etc plus others I have likely forgotten about ooh panansonic HTF's they were the budget £30 headphones which after breaking in apparently rivaled much more expensive headphones. I wish I had kept these tbh probably on par with the DT770's but you could abuse them because of the £30 price tag).

IEM's

I own about 10 pairs all of them supposedly amazing budget ones. Like £15 max all sorts jvc, phillips, sony and a few others.

Got a creative X7 for pc use and a AVR for home cinema use. Out and about I just use my phone with IEM's or the Sony XM3's. The momentums I have now given to the wife for her to use.

Associate
Quick one.

Looking for bluetooth headphones for work. Work in a manufacturing plant with machines going 24/7 and the noise is annoying. I was looking at the Sony wh-1000mx3.

Are these as great as people say? Are they alternatives for cheaper?

The company supply their own but the volume is restricted and they are extremely uncomfortable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Caporegime
Quick one.

Looking for bluetooth headphones for work. Work in a manufacturing plant with machines going 24/7 and the noise is annoying. I was looking at the Sony wh-1000mx3.

Are these as great as people say? Are they alternatives for cheaper?

The company supply their own but the volume is restricted and they are extremely uncomfortable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

XM3 are number one on the market they are worth paying the money for if you plan on using them every day

Associate
My current collection:

Headphones:
Beyerdynamic 5tp v2
Sennheiser HD599 SE
Philips fidelio X2HR

IEMs:
Shure SE846
Campfire Audio Andromeda
Campfire Audio Atlas

Source:
Fiio M11

Associate
Hd58x are my mains at the moment. Love the imaging for gaming. And the narrow soundstage works really well with HRTF. Did get some Dt990s but by the time I'd taken -8db off 10k I gave up. Lol those headphones are irresponsibly tuned, can't be good for your ears. Might pick up pair if I make it to 90. My ears might be ready then XD comfort great though

Soldato
I think I need to sell some on, rarely actually listen to headphones these days :o been at least month since turning on my stack and bay £1 fee seems ideal!

Source:
Bifrost
Valhalla 2
Massdrop THX 789 Linear Amplifier (though now waiting for another replacement due to imbalance and replacement coming in next batch again)

Headphones:
HD800s
HD660s
HD6xx (HD650)
HD58x
AKG712 Pro

Until few days ago also had beyerdynamic Amiron, like new from rainforest warehouse, basically small scratch on box for £315, sold them on for £400. Lovely headphones but quick profit and having too many already which I don’t use anyways.

IEMs:
Tin Audio T3
Tin Audio T2 Pro
Brainwavz M2

Also couple of gaming headsets and other IEM's.

Does in-ear count? I recently broke my Jaybird Freedoms by stretching the wire somehow in my pocket, now the left ear is intermittent. Just bought some Jaybird X4s. Longer battery life but sound exactly the same quality wise, which is very good indeed. No quibbles at all. Much lower price too.

Soldato
Dont think there is a hard and fast rule, no doubt most here love all kinds of headphones / IEM's etc so good to see feedback on any and all IMO. For myself, nice to hear about the X4's as I am looking for some wireless IEM's and seeing what is around atm.

Soldato
I think I need to sell some on, rarely actually listen to headphones these days :o been at least month since turning on my stack and bay £1 fee seems ideal!

Source:
Bifrost
Valhalla 2
Massdrop THX 789 Linear Amplifier (though now waiting for another replacement due to imbalance and replacement coming in next batch again)

Headphones:
HD800s
HD660s
HD6xx (HD650)
HD58x
AKG712 Pro

Until few days ago also had beyerdynamic Amiron, like new from rainforest warehouse, basically small scratch on box for £315, sold them on for £400. Lovely headphones but quick profit and having too many already which I don’t use anyways.

IEMs:
Tin Audio T3
Tin Audio T2 Pro
Brainwavz M2

Also couple of gaming headsets and other IEM's.
Out of interest, how do your 712s compare to your IEMs? (T3/T2)

I have my 712s and I'm in love with them. I wouldn't mind a bassier headphone at some point just for some variation and a closed back probably would be best/.

Soldato
Out of interest, how do your 712s compare to your IEMs? (T3/T2)

I have my 712s and I'm in love with them. I wouldn't mind a bassier headphone at some point just for some variation and a closed back probably would be best/.

As odd as it sounds, never thought to compare my IEM's to headphones, partly as headphones I use with my Amp, while the IEM's with portable devices. Another reason is I only really use IEM's when I am out and about.

Now with that said, both those IEM's are fairly bright, some may find them piercing, but for me not usually an issue, partly as the isolation is so solid on them (get so many ear tips with them!!!) thanks to the fit, don't feel the need to crank up the volume and its for most the part okay, some female vocals though can reach that point. I would say bass control on both is solid, and pretty tight on the T3's but I would not call them bass heavy or anything, but there is a bit more then the AKG's.

I think this frequency response graph shows what I am trying to say:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#789/2031/327

Personally my sound preference is my AKG712, more neutral, but slight lower end elevation makes them more fun the headphones which are completely flat and the soundstage is amazing. Still some of my favourite headphones around (bar the meh build quality on hinges) but the IEMs have there uses.

I dont have many IEM's to face off against those two, got them as I was in the states and got them cheap from massdrop as a why not, a while back and for the price, they were well worth it. Can see they are around £50 and £60 for T2 Pro and T3 respectively, so not sure how other IEM's may compare in price range over here. Similarly not sure how some other closed back headphones will fair. Not hear the 770 Pro, but heard favourable things from them as slightly bassier headphone vs the 712's.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
HD650s with Dekoni memory foam pads still going strong, in fact the memory foam improving the low down bass kickdown is exactly what the 650s needed really. Absolutely perfect for all types of media (although they were anyway, they're just even better now).

My only wish is to have a shorter cable because the 3M stock one is a bit of a handful, I'll Amazon something up soon I guess.

For references, I've had Senn HD555 (modded), AKG Q701 (modded), AKG K7XX, Fidelio X1 and Fidelio X2 before the 650 and the Senns are by far the best sonically for everything I've thrown at them. The Phillips are the most comfortable however, that headband and material/build quality is unbeatable.

Associate
Down to just the HD-6XX now as I've binned the AKG712 Pro following a fault.

Any recommendations to alternative to the AKG? (but from AKG).
Looking for similarly fun, great sound stage for music and casual gaming.

Associate
Finally switched over from a cheap gaming headset to some slightly more music focused headphones with the Philips X2HR since they were on offer in a shop near me.
Planning to gradually upgrade to something more substantial with a DAC over time.

Associate
Just got the nura phones,

First impression is this, the bass is powerful and this headphone has to be put on the map for bass lovers or bass heads for sure.

The bass does not disappoint but i find these cans to be uncomfortable and actually i am reaching the nero phones more than my meze classic 99, yes they sound that good.

All about the bass with these cans, but the highs and mids do well though.

Also i found them uncomfortable but they sound good.

They sound like bliss with how these cans sound to me with my personal profile and prefer the sound over my meze classic 99.

When i say bass is powerful it has the oompf where other headphones do not, i owned about 20 and these stand out with how they sound, these have oompf more so than my other headphones which lack in the bass.

They have plenty of slam punch and rumble with the bass.

I have my immersion around 40-50% because if it is over that i find it has too much bass for my liking.

The more i listen to the nura phone the more i understand the praise it has received regarding reviews yea.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyways on about the nura phone,

I would only recommend these for people who are after decent bass.

It does have some serious punch and rumble with the bass among the best of bass head cans these i reckon.

At 50% immersion is all it needs to open out the bass while not drowning out the rest of the frequency spectrum.

I have tried different settings and 50% immersion is all it needs that is the sweet spot..

40 % immersion for it to be balanced and not out of step too much but 50% sounds a bit bass heavy but brings out the bass nicely.

So if your a basshead give these cans a go i recommend them for that and have it at 50% immersion and as well as it is configured for your personal hearing.

Dan.

69307925_10157523223192375_2291390951068794880_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom