New tyre time

Dropped mine off this morning for the new boots. Roads a bit wet this morning and trying to pull out of a junction with a pretty shiny surface was horrible on my pretty well worn old fronts.
Hopefully the PS4s will be a lot better.
To be fair to the Kumhos when they were less than 50% worn they didn't do to bad, once they dropped below about 50% they seemed to really struggle on wet/damp surfaces. Quite possibly its as they have hardened with age, they were manu'd late 2017 so I expect they are probably less sticky than when new.
Oddly my issues were always in a straight line lacking grip and not cornering in the wet, yeah I know understeering Audis ;)

10% off on Michelins at Blackcircles at the mo.

I just bought four PS4S's (235/35/19) for £120 a corner (not fitted) which I thought was pretty good!

Yep but not on all sizes I think.
Mine were just over £120 each fitted, audi spec 245/40/18s
What surprised me was the difference in the efficiency ratings for the same size same tyre, there are 3 (possibly 4) different 245/40/18 PS4s, normal, XL, audi (and i think one more, possibly BMW spec)
The XL had the highest rating in fuel efficiency, I assume as its harder so it will get less deviation from bumps etc (I mean physical tyre deviation) but would probably be a bit harsher and maybe less grippy due to lower want to absorb bumps etc

I think like with all tyres however having a common size and good competitor offerings in the size ensures you get a fair price.

Soldato
sorry but thats a poor statement

does not matter if you have 60 bhp or 200 bhp

tyres are whats keeping you on the road

there are lot more factors than going fast

Paying attention and predicting other driver behaviour has left me with no need to emergency brake for at least 10 sets of tyres but premium tyres are probably best for the mostly useless drivers I see these days :D

Associate
OP
Paying attention and predicting other driver behaviour has left me with no need to emergency brake for at least 10 sets of tyres but premium tyres are probably best for the mostly useless drivers I see these days :D

Having had a pedestrian run out of a blind alley right in front of my car leaving me with a full car-squirming emergency brake and missing him by less than 6 inches has left me not relying on predicting the unpredictable but buying decent boots (before anyone asks, the guy was being chased by the cops)(before anyone asks this was NOT I Rhyl)

FluffySheep

ATS £50 offer is still on, they wanted an extra £50 for me, and thats with a discount I get (10%) that I get from my employer
(they also have a £25 offer on two), no sign of the tablet offer though

First impressions after 20 miles is there is more road feel for sure. People do recommend them on the TT and I see why, but I guess people recommend them on practically every model of car lol
Not pushed them yet, will rack up 100 or so miles. Need to check the pressures car was complaining on the way home. They defo rim sealed them, they are almost like white wall tyres right now ;)

Definately warming to these PS4s, I think the sidewalls are slightly softer which I think suits the TT more, definately more feedback coming from the tyre, but without any doubt more grip. Oddly the car feels like its turning faster despite what I just wrote.

Anyway what I really came here to post, 10% off all tyres today on Blackcircles, need to use FLASH10 at check out

They tend to have one of these sales most months, close to the end of the month.

Underboss
Todays weather reminded me of this thread

We had terenchal rain today, I was out driving in it, my Dunlop blu response tyres were amazing, I tested them to see how they would be on the wet and I had no problems at all, grip was fantastic

Well recommend

Back
Top Bottom