God of War 4

V F

V F

Soldato
That truly was one intense battle in the section "Find a Way to Break the Ice" on "Give Me God of War" difficulty. As the game nearly threw every kind of Draugr into the area. Heavies, the ones with the fire swords, the quick movers, the fire balls, the ones with the shields, twin axes and the exploding fire chests, then to make it even better they threw in two of those hulk smashing Ogres as everything is swinging and exploding all around me.

Let alone the big heavy armour dude with the massive sword near the captured dragon. Loved the Wulvers though. :D

Associate
As a latecomer to this I've just finished it this evening.

Overall I thought this was very good. A little linear and repetitive but I did enjoy it a lot, brilliant eye candy which always helps.
I loved the end when Kratos and Altreus get home and go to sleep!

Associate
Just completed the game and wow, what a journey! They really did something special with the axe in this as it just feels so satisfying whether your smashing dudes up close or throwing it at them and calling it back. The story and lore also drew me in and I’m excited to see where they take it in the next game. 9/10 for me and well deserving of the plaudits. Another first party gem for Sony.

Would also recommend the documentary that they recently released on the game if you enjoyed it:
Raising Kratos - https://youtu.be/lJZWKBDXXFY *contains spoilers*

Caporegime
Just started this the other day on the 'Give me a Challenge' difficulty and wow that is actually pretty hard. Reminds me a bit of when you start playing Dark Souls.

Can I assume that once I start unlocking the skill tree this may get easier? The last fight I did near a small bridge involved a witch, 2 heavy Drauger and one that flings fireballs at you.

I seem to be accruing (what seems like) a fair amount of money, but haven't come across anywhere to spend it yet....

V F

V F

Soldato
Just started this the other day on the 'Give me a Challenge' difficulty and wow that is actually pretty hard. Reminds me a bit of when you start playing Dark Souls.

Can I assume that once I start unlocking the skill tree this may get easier? The last fight I did near a small bridge involved a witch, 2 heavy Drauger and one that flings fireballs at you.

I seem to be accruing (what seems like) a fair amount of money, but haven't come across anywhere to spend it yet....

Yes and no.

Caporegime
Difficulty is sometimes weird

Like, I had to take down a troll (just passed where you release the dragon that breathes fire) and he was rock hard. Pretty much one hit kill against me, but my attacks to it, did very little damage....took me ages.

Then I did a quest for the dwarf to retrieve a ring, which turns out was on the severed hand stuck to a soul eating rock thing and that went down ridiculously easily

V F

V F

Soldato
"Give Me God of War" difficulty can be mostly one hit kills for your death. I remember at the very start it took me just under two hours to get past the first section since it was my first time playing any God of War game learning the mechanics.

The pit where the bridge collapses was beyond amusing trying to get past that section with all the Draugr on Give me God of War.

Soldato
Found some money in my PSN wallet so picked this up in the sale. I was hesitant as I tried GoW3 and hated it....but so far, very impressed.

Only downside is I've had to finally order a new DS4, the iffy left trigger was making throwing the axe nearly impossible.

Soldato
Finished the story, and closed the last real tear in Niflheim. Just the valkyrie in Muspelheim to go. I think one more valkyrie after that.

Sad it's nearly finished....superb game. Hope there's a sequel.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think that's guaranteed. We didn't get to go through all the portals around the lake in this game.

When I saw Asgard, I was nearly doing backflips then was gutted to find it blocked off.

Imagine locking in the realm for this and off we go.

Back
Top Bottom