The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Difference between vanilla and HDreworked is massive. Couldn't play without it.

Also I'm using something that changes the God-awful Griffin armour. Can't remember the name of the mod but it is my favourite armour set now.

Associate
Nice to see the HD mod is very good.
I purchased Witcher 3 goty during the Steam sale, to take advantage for my new computer upgrade.

This mod update is great timing.
Now to play witcher 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished Heart of Stone yesterday and started Blood and Wine today. Toussant is beautiful, but I still think the areas added by HOS are the best looking in the game tbh.

Blood and Wine is probably the best expansion ever made imo(slightly ahead of Old World Blues from New Vegas).

Soldato
I burnt myself out on this before reaching the dlc :(. 300 hours was a bit too much extra exploring, but saying that it was some of the best 300 hours of gaming I have had, such a wonderful world they have created! I have tried picking up where I left off a few times, but can't get back into it. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm thinking I might be better off just starting again on hard difficulty and miss out all the extra little quests. I think the combat became way too easy, which was part of the reason I lost interest.

Caporegime
I burnt myself out on this before reaching the dlc :(.

I've played the game twice now and both times have got as far as getting the new powers and one set of grandmaster armour. Then I burn out. Have never completed either of the DLC stories yet. Maybe third time lucky when I play around Christmas.

Soldato
I burnt myself out on this before reaching the dlc :(. 300 hours was a bit too much extra exploring, but saying that it was some of the best 300 hours of gaming I have had, such a wonderful world they have created! I have tried picking up where I left off a few times, but can't get back into it. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm thinking I might be better off just starting again on hard difficulty and miss out all the extra little quests. I think the combat became way too easy, which was part of the reason I lost interest.

And did you post whilst you were playing about how you had been 'playing for 100 hours and haven't even got to Skellige yet'?

I've said it before, but imo the best way to play TW3 is to get to Skellige as soon as possible and pretty much only do main quests up to Isle of Mists. Get through the campaign, then go off exploring.

Sorry, not aimed at you at all but I just find it weird people posting that in every open world game/rpg like it's a great way to play. So many people scour every inch of the map for every side quest before doing the story and then complain they can't finish the game or got bored!

PLAY THROUGH THE STORY FIRST!

Sorry. Rant over:)

Soldato
I've played the game twice now and both times have got as far as getting the new powers and one set of grandmaster armour. Then I burn out. Have never completed either of the DLC stories yet. Maybe third time lucky when I play around Christmas.

Im playing though B&W atm and I've just got access to mutations, and also the runewright from HOS... All I'm thinking is "I wish I had all this stuff about half way through the game. Its a bit late now"!

Also thought, it would have been a really nice feature if you could offer the runewright some money to relocate to Toussant so you could easily access him there without having to fast travel. It would be a neat little touch.

Soldato
Sorry. Rant over :)

You must have missed the part where I said those 300 hours were some of the best I have spent gaming... The story is only one part of the game, open world games are very much about exploring and discovering the worlds. If you rush through the story and see all the game has to offer in a few short hours, the game would be over in no time. I don't feel like exploring once I have finished the main story as it feels like it's over, plus the story would have taken me through mosty of the map anyway, while I was rushing through. I think both ways of playing have their merits. I'd rather spend 300 hours enjoying myself, than rushing through a game, just so I don't burn out. Each to their own.

All I am asking is if anyone else has started a fresh and that has helped them get back into it. I'm hoping the harder difficulty will help keep me interested as I became way too over powered and even new weapon I found was worse than what I already had. I remember someone mentioning a mod that removes some map markers. That would be useful as I always feel like I have to visit a map marker if there is one.

Edit: Also a massive portion of that 300 hours was playing Gwent :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
All I am asking is if anyone else has started a fresh and that has helped them get back into it. I'm hoping the harder difficulty will help keep me interested as I became way too over powered and even new weapon I found was worse than what I already had. I remember someone mentioning a mod that removes some map markers. That would be useful as I always feel like I have to visit a map marker if there is one.

If I remember correctly (been a while since I played) then there is a setting where you can turn of map markers (if you meaning all the ! markers that is), in any case here is some mods that might help you make it another new experience for you.

The Witcher 3 Mod Manager - Easier to use then the old Nexus Mod Manager or their new one, Vortex.

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project - As been mentioned a few posts earlier in this thread, it improves things from normal game

Friendly Hud - Almost a must have, especially if you like your screen free from all the clutter. It has loads of settings as to what you want shown on the screen, like potions and such not showing until you in combat etc.

Unification Patch for different versions of the game - A needed patch if you going to mod the game, several mods requires it and it makes all versions compatible.

All Quests Objectives On Map - Only shows your active quests on the map, and you can easily change them on the map without going into your quest list.

Script Merger - Needed mod to make sure all mods works together and that you can actually start the game after having modded it. From description: Detects conflicts between mods & helps you resolve them, either by creating merged files that override the conflicting ones, or by configuring a custom load order for your mods.

Ghost Mode - Not used this mod myself, but it changes the game play some while still trying to be as close as the original as possible. Have a read through it and it might be to your liking.

Preparations - Another mod I not used, but it will make it more challenging. Basically you need to meditate to do your skills, alchemy and so on. Just like Witcher 1, if you played that one.

I am sure there is other mods that I missed but that others might suggest if you looking to get a more challenging time this time around when playing it again.

Soldato
You must have missed the part where I said those 300 hours were some of the best I have spent gaming... The story is only one part of the game, open world games are very much about exploring and discovering the worlds. If you rush through the story and see all the game has to offer in a few short hours, the game would be over in no time. I don't feel like exploring once I have finished the main story as it feels like it's over, plus the story would have taken me through mosty of the map anyway, while I was rushing through. I think both ways of playing have their merits. I'd rather spend 300 hours enjoying myself, than rushing through a game, just so I don't burn out. Each to their own.

i didnt find TW3 encouraged exploration at all tho.

there are no hidden secrets to find. you need to activate a mission via cut scene by talking to someone via map marker and then "explore" via witcher senses.

Back
Top Bottom