Poll: German Grand Prix 2019, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2019 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Where would ferrari be without the extra 100 million for turning up?

Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff tells Sky Sports: "It is a shame for Ferrari and for Sebastian at his home GP.

"Ferrari have an illness that they need to cure and we need them so we can have a competitive championship."

Definitely the competition needs to sort it's self out, could that be a 100mil illness that leads to complacency that Toto is refering to.......

Associate
Soldato
https://www.racefans.net/2019/07/27/mercedes-were-prepared-to-substitute-hamilton-in-qualifying/

Anyone know what would happen if reserve driver had replaced Hamilton for qualifying, then who'd be driving the race if Hamilton recovered in time?

The driver that qualifies has to race.

Shame for Ferrari, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for them. People complain it's Mercedes making F1 boring, but it's really the likes of Ferrari not offering any competition. All that extra money (and therefore resources), and they still can't even worry Mercedes. Ferrari just not doing a good enough job at any aspect of F1.

Soldato
Struggling to buy that Ferrari had to lose leclercs car as well. Something niggling me as there wasnt anything wrong with his car at all - vettel retires and we never see Leclerc out again.

Maybe they didnt want a number 2 driver on pole at their no1 drivers home race? :confused:

I dunno - just will all the times they have shafted leclerc for one reason or another I cant help feeling suspicious. Probably just me - maybe I need a tin foil hat!! :p

Associate
Struggling to buy that Ferrari had to lose leclercs car as well. Something niggling me as there wasnt anything wrong with his car at all - vettel retires and we never see Leclerc out again.

Maybe they didnt want a number 2 driver on pole at their no1 drivers home race? :confused:

I dunno - just will all the times they have shafted leclerc for one reason or another I cant help feeling suspicious. Probably just me - maybe I need a tin foil hat!! :p
Interesting conspiracy theory! Bit too far fetched for me though.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not buying that, I just think that the cars are being pushed to, and beyond the limit in their pursuit to keep up with Mercedes. Seems to me that what they lack in the aero they are trying to make up for in what they see as their strongest trait, their engines. Unfortunately this is leading to mechanical failures. Also bear in mind, Ferrari characteristically run their cars faster throughout the weekend, as opposed to Merc who only really turn it up in Q2/3. Increased stress and wear.
I could also be very wrong but that is how it seems to me.

Caporegime
I think with Ferrari they're just in a bit of a rut at the moment, the drivers probably think why bother giving 100% when their strategists are idiots and Leclerc has been robbed of 2 race wins due to reliability issues and the mechanics probably think why give 100% being thorough with the car when their strategists are idiots and drivers do stupid **** like running into the back of other cars.

Meanwhile, Mercedes are just acing it which demoralises them even more.

Man of Honour
So the last champion and race winner for Ferrari was kimi...who incidentally set the best middle sector in qualifying. Once again, they got rid of the wrong driver. They question kimis motivation, but he is owning that Alfa. Meanwhile vettel looks like he is ready to walk.

To add insult to injury ferrari are inching closer and closer to part related grid penalties.

Mercedes stick to the plan during testing and practice and commit when it matters. Ferrari throw hp at the car and go for glory at all sessions meanwhile seemingly forgetting about reliability. Red bull now look ready to pass them.

Should be a good race tomorrow. 50% chance of rain, max on softs. Hamilton wasn’t 100% today, I wonder how he’ll do tomorrow.

Soldato
TBH, Vettel's got a hundred bigger problems to worry about than looking bad at his home GP.

He does, but it is his home race. Despite whatever else is going on, these events were out of his control and it is a shame that he wasn't able to compete in front of them. Hamilton raises his game at Silverstone, Vettel didn't have the opportunity to put the 2018 race behind him, and as a result is unlikely to be able to do so in the race tomorrow.

Whatever people might think of him, surely nobody is that churlish as to deny him the opportunity to compete in front of his own fans?

Soldato
Hamilton wasn’t 100% today, I wonder how he’ll do tomorrow.

110%.

Love him or hate him, he is the best driver of a generation.

True he has a dominant car but he hasnt had a team mate in the same car he cant beat. Lets face it - Rosberg did an OK job but was lucky with Hamiltons reliability issues and quit while he was ahead. Very telling.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’m excited to see what Vettel can do with a stock of tyres and free-reign on car set up.

Nothing would be more rewarding than seeing the home driver come through the field and win. Do I expect it to happen? No, but Barrichello won from P18 and it only takes a safety car / rain at the wrong time to throw it up in the air.

Ferrari should turn up the engine to 11 and go aggressive with Vettel

Soldato
I’m excited to see what Vettel can do with a stock of tyres and free-reign on car set up.

Nothing would be more rewarding than seeing the home driver come through the field and win. Do I expect it to happen? No, but Barrichello won from P18 and it only takes a safety car / rain at the wrong time to throw it up in the air.

Ferrari should turn up the engine to 11 and go aggressive with Vettel

Hammy won from 14th last year, so seems like a doable track if it's ever to happen.

Back
Top Bottom