Wood or plastic shed?

Associate
Afternoon all,

I've been considering getting a shed to mainly be used for storage, I'm thinking about 6x7ft.

I've been looking around and wondered if anyone has an opinion on plastic sheds? They seem easier to build and maintain than wooden ones, does this make them a better option?

Cheers

Soldato
I have a metal shed and it's great, had about 5 years now and not had a single issue with it, was a bit of a pain to build but it's solid and makes and absolute racket when I open the doors so hopefully that's a deterrent to anyone who wants to rob my old paint cans and patio chairs.

Not had any of the much quoted condensation issue either, must be because I haven't sealed it completely.

Soldato
I vote wood just because it looks the nicest, depends if it's on show at all or if you'd need to push it in to a corner which would make re-painting a wooden shed a pain?

8x6 is the 'standard' shed size and tends to be one of the cheapest sizes going, you can get a wood one from about £230ish but i'd want to be paying around the £350 mark to make sure it's not terrible quality

Either way i'd highly recommend Tigersheds, they do really good quality stuff and not like the matchstick quality wood you get from B&Q, they do metal and plastic as well.

Regards ease of building, i did my 8x6 wooden shed in a couple of hours, just need someone to help lift the roof panels up but a wooden shed goes together really quickly and easily.

Back
Top Bottom