Associate
Anywhere between 4-8 i'd say. Most weeks we have:

apples
bannans
easy peel oranges
kiwis
black grapes
blue berries

In the fruit bowl, most of the time we keep to simple meals as their easy, sometimes just fish cakes and veg, veg curries, lamb steak veggies with a few potatoes etc.

As before, surely its more about the fibre from wholegrains and ruffage these days? Keeps ya movements regular :D

Soldato
Has anyone heard of the poo conspiracy? They basically use human faeces and turn it into natural gas and then sell it back to us, maybe they tell us to keep eating to keep us excreting.

I watched a video on it not too long ago, but right now I can't find a single thing about it.

This post didn't get enough love, I for one would love to hear about the conspiracy theory that we're told to keep eating just so "they" can create bio gas to sell back to us!

As for the actual real topic, I don't eat fruit at all but I generally eat a lot of salad and vegetables

Soldato
As before, surely its more about the fibre from wholegrains and ruffage these days? Keeps ya movements regular :D
I think you can have too much as well, I'm not sure if excess al-dente cabbage can provoke IBS, but its not recommended if you have it,
maybe the benfits outweigh the risks though, am betting on that.

If only I could get 100% wholewheat bread to rise as much as a white/whole mix.

Associate
This post didn't get enough love, I for one would love to hear about the conspiracy theory that we're told to keep eating just so "they" can create bio gas to sell back to us!

So, as mentioned I watched a video on this back along, I did another search but couldn't find the video I mention, but I did find these articles from 2010, and later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8501236.stm

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/oct/05/human-waste-turned-renewable-gas

https://earther.gizmodo.com/the-mad-science-plan-to-power-the-world-with-poop-1833062048

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160531131113.htm

The articles don't say anything about telling us to eat more than we need just to keep us on the loo, (they'd never tell us that anyway) but reason I mention that is I am unsure if we are supposed to eat as much as we do, i'm a big guy and always struggled to lose weight, ive always had 3 meals a day, most of the time anyway, and there has been a lot of times I have felt like I didn't need to eat, with obesity, illness and disease on the rise there is clearly an issue with what we eat, and how much.

They built a whole industry around breakfast items for instance, consider cereals, they always said breakfast is the most important meal of the day, now they sold us all these healthy cereals (yes i know there are other options) I heard not long ago a news snippet saying those who eat cereal die sooner as they are basically junk.

In my opinion we are just lab rats, they test their food products on us then decided years later whether it is good for us or not, and then always change their minds on whether it is good or not.

Caporegime
is telling people to eat 5 bits of fruit a day, which is loaded w/ sugars, not contributing to obesity?

Supposed to be 5 fruit or veg a day.

And imo should have been changed to 5 veg per day.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't eat any fruit but you should be having at least 5 portions of veg a day.

Caporegime
Approximately 10 a day (7 veg / 3 fruits). Occasionally a little more or less. I try to keep the focus consistent with veg, though.

Permabanned
Soup is good as soon as i have some i can feel a rumble more so with like 4 hotdog rolls and 4 potatoes. Carrot Leek Parsley Celery stalk and leaf yum yum potatoes and bread rolls to dip in.

This would be a perfect staple for a female alongside some bananas and grapes and salted nuts is something i love. You are only going to gain weight and be unhealthy here if you have monsterous amounts per day. And when it does come out compost it and keep it, You paid for it i will be dammed if someone else is burning or composting ma poopers. But that is in the pipeline after i get some land i will compost it all with all the waste food generates.

Think about it, No one talks much about it but all that waste must be valueable, And adding landmass to any country able to import lots of fruit and veg through soil which is what it and us eventually become. So it is a win win for fruit and veg.

Soldato
For reference, I'm told Canada recommends 9 a day. Maybe they suggest different portion sizes.

I think it's a nice guideline but better to encourage people to actually know what they're eating, how to improve it, learn moderation on treats etc. I love veggies and healthy stuff, and eat more than enough when it's available. But I also snack on biscuits and sweets basically constantly between meals. That's the real problem, the excess. I get plenty of good AND bad food - it's obvious what needs to change.

Soldato
I'd like to see a food diary with pictures of someone making 10 a day.

I really need to change my lunch habits to successfully make it to 5-7 portions a day. A average dinner will have 4 different vegetables in it. I tend to have a piece of fruit 3 days a week and tend to have a glass of fruit juice most days. If I bring my own lunch in I could successfully add another 3 portions of vegetables/salad.

Soldato
if brexit prospects weren't bad enough .. the weathers also messing up my 5 a day

https://www.cips.org/en-GB/supply-m.../extreme-weather-causes-cauliflower-shortage/

Downpours in the UK and heatwaves in Europe have destroyed cauliflower crops, pushing wholesale prices up by 400%.

Record amounts of rainfall in Lincolnshire in June resulted in damaged crops and a short supply of vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage and sprouts, the British Growers Association (BCA) warned last week.

Meanwhile heatwaves in Europe in recent weeks have exacerbated the shortages. This is because while produce from the continent would usually make up the shortfall in supply, European farmers have also been hit by extreme weather.

Associate
At least 5 and probably avarage 8.
As noted it's a terrible slogan wide open to misinterpretation.
A better slogan I think it's the Aussies use, is 5+2.
5 veg and 2 fruit.

Soldato
Since switching up my diet around 6 months ago, easily clear 5 a day and probably close to double that most days.

Definitely feel a difference.

Back
Top Bottom