• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

der8auer - AMD vs. Intel

Soldato
Thought the fella was AMDs second coming :confused: Didn't someone on here try to start a dedicated 'AdoredTV' thread for his videos and content because of this stance?

I think he got that brand for talking about all the stunts Nvidia pull. If you talk about Nvidia badly you get a targeted.

Soldato
I think he's just ****** ho got it mostly wrong about Zen 2. His clock speed predictions were way off and instead of holding his hands up and saying his source was a lying sack of **** and he had been played, he blames AMD.

He only blamed his source once early on. Now his mantra is that AMD was lying (to his source) with the leaks. The dude is a new low. Who forgot his anti Navi video, few days before the release of the card which results were completely opposite of what he was saying on that video.

Since then, has started an Anti-AMD crusade behind the paywall.

Soldato
Paywall? What paywall? There's no payment needed for Adoredtv content

Huh. All his content is behind paywall for 2 months now. You have to be a Patreon supporter to watch them. And released the Part 2 of an Anti-AMD video that Part 1 was only behind paywall.
After receiving scathing criticism, and gazillion downvotes, he pulled the whole page of video from youtube. (incl comments). Not just the video like many do.

Soldato
Huh. All his content is behind paywall for 2 months now. You have to be a Patreon supporter to watch them. And released the Part 2 of an Anti-AMD video that Part 1 was only behind paywall.
After receiving scathing criticism, and gazillion downvotes, he pulled the whole page of video from youtube. (incl comments). Not just the video like many do.

I didn't know that.

Soldato
I didn't know that.

I was pretty stunned he did this as well. "I don't want to hear criticism.". Put on your big boy pants like everyone else in the media works has to, and get on with it...if it isn't worth your time.. then just stop doing it.

I actually enjoyed the analytical side of his videos.

Going back to our German friend... I am sponsored for something I do, and it can be a pain sometimes. You do have to give up some of your opinion with things like this and stops you being impartial.

Man of Honour
I was pretty stunned he did this as well. "I don't want to hear criticism.". Put on your big boy pants like everyone else in the media works has to, and get on with it...if it isn't worth your time.. then just stop doing it.

I actually enjoyed the analytical side of his videos.

Going back to our German friend... I am sponsored for something I do, and it can be a pain sometimes. You do have to give up some of your opinion with things like this and stops you being impartial.

I'm not really surprised - a small subset of the AMD fanboy base are quite militant, nasty and have no problem repeatedly pushing complete lies after they've been debunked and have no problem trying to defame someone who is putting out information in good faith. There are some died in the wool nVidia fanboys but I've never seen the same level of spitefulness and continually pushing the same lies even after being debunked.

I'm quite broadly active over a number of sites and forums, etc. when it comes to AMD/nVidia stuff and never once encountered the same level of hateful response from nVidia fans when I say something critical of nVidia compared to AMD.

Soldato
I'm not really surprised - a small subset of the AMD fanboy base are quite militant, nasty and have no problem repeatedly pushing complete lies after they've been debunked and have no problem trying to defame someone who is putting out information in good faith. There are some died in the wool nVidia fanboys but I've never seen the same level of spitefulness and continually pushing the same lies even after being debunked.

Actually he got all the slack from Intel fans on "haha you were wrong **XYZ**"

Associate
Yes it s a shame he has went down this route, something i commented on in his now removed video.
But i have noticed several channels coming out with pieces complaining about the fanboys and such recently, imho man flipping up.
Your never going to insulate yourself from the opinions out there, it comes with territory... youtubing, wring blogs, websites ect.
If your in that game then your going to have to deal with opinion from your viewers that you might not like and thats just tough. Sure it can get a little out of hand, but simply deleting the comment or pulling the **** up on it is enough - nuking a whole lot of content to behind a payway or making videos whining about it is not the answer.

Man of Honour
Actually he got all the slack from Intel fans on "haha you were wrong **XYZ**"

Haven't really followed the saga - I did see he was getting a lot of **** couple of months back or so from seeming pro-AMD people so assumed it was a continuation of that.

Have to say I've never really been on the receiving end of anything from Intel fanboys - when I've brought up stuff about potential security issues with Intel's AMT, etc. barely anyone has reacted. Being negative about the i3 and i5 only met with reasonable counter opinions.

Soldato
I'm one of his long standing patrons. Seen a couple of videos from him, since my last post on here earlier today and it's not really how it seems (paywall thing) He has explained why he did what he did (paywall thing) and that's good enough for me. Hadn't really followed anything he said online the last month (real life took over my browsing time) but after reading and watching back, some of his posts and videos, I took time to go on to patreon and read his stuff, happy with his explanations.

Soldato
I can't believe in 2019,people still think everyone in the UK is speaking received pronunciation,especially when the country is made up of England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland - even England has different regions with very different accents. I don't find Scottish accents unusual,especially since the chap from AdoredTV does not actually have that strong an accent.

If you do find it hard to understand,you will have one of heck of time in the UK if you travel around a lot. Also,regarding der8auer his German accent isn't too strong,but I have met some Germans who speak English with a very strong accent.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't believe in 2019,people still think everyone in the UK is speaking received pronunciation,especially when the country is made up of England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland - even England has different regions with very different accents. I don't find Scottish accents unusual,especially since the chap from AdoredTV does not actually have that strong an accent. If you do find it hard to understand,you will have one of heck of time in the UK if you travel around a lot.

Jesus, not that strong an accent? Have you actually heard any of his stuff? :eek: I don’t find Scottish unusual (odd statement to make) just grating on the ears.

Wulf

Soldato
Jesus, not that strong an accent? Have you actually heard any of his stuff? :eek: I don’t find Scottish unusual (odd statement to make) just grating on the ears.

Wulf

His accent is pretty typical of people from his part of Scotland - I don't find it too hard to follow and people keep commenting on the accent,which I find unusual. It is a Scottish accent,just like there are Irish accents,etc. The problem is a lot of Scottish people in the media tone it down. David Tennant(who played Dr Who),is Scottish and people were surprised when they heard his true accent,but its mild. Then you have Gerald Butler explaining some of the slang they use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42dvgPIfSk

Another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuA6bEoQIE

Even in Scotland,depending on what part of the country you come from,the accents can vary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqaJaKS1coA

He talks about how he toned his accent down when he lived elsewhere.

There are much stronger Scottish accents,and the AdoredTV's guys one has got milder and milder over time(listen to his first videos and his latest ones) and he has cut out a lot of the slang which is used. Some of the accents are so strong,I also find them hard to understand. The same goes with a lot of Irish accents,in the media people do tone it down a bit(or if people live elsewhere),but listen to a strong Irish accent(county Kerry),and compare it to the announcer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUvcjk8J5c

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't believe in 2019,people still think everyone in the UK is speaking received pronunciation,especially when the country is made up of England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland - even England has different regions with very different accents. I don't find Scottish accents unusual,especially since the chap from AdoredTV does not actually have that strong an accent.

If you do find it hard to understand,you will have one of heck of time in the UK if you travel around a lot. Also,regarding der8auer his German accent isn't too strong,but I have met some Germans who speak English with a very strong accent.

16y in UK and never understood the argument especially coming from my ex mother in law. I could understand any accent from the start, including the strong Geordie accent two external reps had on my first job in UK.
Yet somehow everyone in the office was amazed how some "immigrant" could understand the them both, while they struggle to understand what they are saying.

Made no difference to me, but possibly is the fact that was already tri-lingual by that time (Greek, English, Italian) and have no issues with learning new languages* or change my accent.
Quickly picked a soft Yorkshire accent, as I was living in Leeds at that time, and while do not sound "native British", I do not sound like Greek either but more Spanish.

*(But always failed to learn German, finding it horrible language that my ears dislike. Contrary to Arabic, Spanish and Mandarin which found easy to learn the last 16y. And especially Mandarin allows me to watch shows made in China in native language and some of them are unsurpassed by the cheap copies made in the West, like the Game of Thrones, 20+ years later).

Back
Top Bottom