• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Destiny 2 still broken on Ryzen 3000 series?

Soldato
Well the wording suggests that it’s just an announcement type of update... so they might announce that it will take 5 months to fix ;)

Either way not long now until there is some clarity about the issues and probably info as to when the fix is likely to arrive.

Associate
Hi new member here I have a question about this Ryzen 3000 series and D2. Is this a sure patch via chipset or bios fix and not a actual cpu hardware and what if the cpu is not physically able to do the fix ? Am I making sense another words what if the cpu just cant do that random thing everyone is talking about?
I have till Aug, 10th to return the cpu I have it on a ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming and a Cooler master Black "push n pull" heat sink and is running just super I hate to return it but it does me no good D2 is my go to game.

Soldato
Hi new member here I have a question about this Ryzen 3000 series and D2. Is this a sure patch via chipset or bios fix and not a actual cpu hardware and what if the cpu is not physically able to do the fix ? Am I making sense another words what if the cpu just cant do that random thing everyone is talking about?
I have till Aug, 10th to return the cpu I have it on a ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming and a Cooler master Black "push n pull" heat sink and is running just super I hate to return it but it does me no good D2 is my go to game.
Yes it's definitely fixable. Even if AMD can't fix it, the Destiny 2 developers could fix it themselves by working around the dodgy CPU implementation.

Associate
OK that sounds re-assuring Tuesday we'll probably get better insight...My 3600 is just butter smooth, temps are great it runs every game and benchmark old and new that I throw at it except Destiny 2 so sad...LOL
Bungie better work with AMD on this for sure with the all the new stuff coming out for D2 and before you know it the holidays will be here and someone spending a 1k on a new computer and they try to load D2 and it wont there going to be ticked off to say the least.

Associate
Ah I cant do that its my go to game i'll just keep playing on my FX-8350...If the news on Tuesday is bad or full of BS I am going to yank that fricking cpu out and return it while I can even if I have to pay a restocking fee.
I hope they have found the solution and its ezzy peezy. I just still can't grasp these 2 companies AMD and Bungie not communicating with each other in this day and age just ridiculous R&D.

Associate
CHeers for that. The beta Fix drivers work fine ! I upgraded my cabin CPU to a 3700X yesterday and I knew D2 would stop working on that rig. I have the main house rig anyway.

However downloaded the beta drivers and D2 starts on the 3700x !

Soldato
just downloaded the beta chipset drivers and can conform it bloody works, my 3900x is working flawlessly and frame rates are really stable, at 1440p maxed out everything and sitting around 150-170 fps, so happy destiny is working again :)

Caporegime

I like this response from Robert Hallock, it does seem quite genuine, not at all a 'corporate response'

Anyway, i'm going to try the driver...

We warn people about this in the manual that comes with the processor. We also published blogs showing what sticker consumers should look for to ensure a pre-X570 motherboard had drop-in support. Our partners have been publishing similar "get ready!" posts for a while, too.

The alternative to this BIOS "problem," which we find truly repugnant, is simply breaking socket compatibility with every new generation of CPU. Nobody can keep their old motherboard and upgrade, anymore. Nobody would ever have to worry about a BIOS update again... but they would also never get to keep their investment ever again. To us, that is not the right thing to do. It seems hostile and abusive to arbitrarily prevent users from keeping the same motherboard, which may cost a few hundred dollars, just to make the upgrade process a little "neater" on paper. So we do what we can to support in-socket upgrades as we have with Socket AM4.

I know you're ****** off, and I totally get it, and I want to make it right with you. I want to earn your trust back. But I also do think it's unfair to say that we haven't been transparent about where we're at. Everything we're discussing has been publicly-documented on Reddit, product manuals, amd.com, AMD partner content, the media, and more. What else can we do to be more transparent?

Going back to the topic of Destiny 2, I'm hoping you can help me test a workaround driver that should get you into the game. This is a beta chipset driver, and it may give you an installer warning or two if you're upgrading an existing driver, but I believe this should work around the D2 launch issue. Can you let me know if it works?

Back
Top Bottom