Data transfer speeds dramatically drop all the time

Associate
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

When copying files from a Sony XQD card to my PC I start off getting speeds of 2.4gb per second, then when the transfer gets to around 30% that speeds plummets to 24.mb per second and sits at that speed for the rest of the transfer.

I’ve tried copying the files to different drives on the computer (I have two nvme’s and one SSD) and although the speeds fluctuate I still experience the same drastic speed plummet at around 30%-50% on the transfer.
The card reader is plugged into a USB 3 port I’ve also tried other ports and cards and get the same results.

Ive tried doing this on my Mac laptop and this doesn’t happen at all and I get a consistent speed the entire way through of 350mb. I’ve also tried this on a work PC and when copying to the desktop I also get a consistent speed which leads me to believe something on my pc is slowing this down.

The card has 128gb of data on and I’ve also tried other cards with different data sizes and all seem to cause an issue and it seems to do it on all data transfers to the pc.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
I have the 8pack Polaris MK2

Associate
OP
Hi Journey, thanks for the suggestion, I’ve tried using 3 different programs now and they seem to all have the same limitations on speed, I’ve tried updating the bios and checking for new drivers but everything seems up to date.

Associate
Open File Explorer, right click on the drive > Properties
Click on the Hardware tab > Select the drive > click on Properties
Click on Change settings
Click on the Policies tab
Select Better performance and click on OK.

Back
Top Bottom