Poll: German Grand Prix 2019, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2019 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
What happened in the end with standing starts after a wet safety car start? Remember there was talk of them having a normal start once the safety comes in but don't think it's ever actually been needed to have one yet..

Man of Honour
So Norris is getting a new MGU-k, control electronics and energy store, so he'll start from the 19th alongside Vettel who is getting a new control electronics, and breaks the limit of 2 per season.

Man of Honour
Watching the build up on Youtube track looks dry but umbrellas are out. Is it this delayed?

I suspect it will but Belgium ‘98 kinda dictates this

Must be. Track is soaked. They are expecting a damp start, track to dry, then more rain apparently.

Having not had a wet race for sometime there isn’t much data to help the drivers.

Soldato
Oh dear Ferrari’s unreliability sets in, but Mercedes haven’t been without issues - overheating at Austria....
They could quite easily fall over in the same manner in another race.
Surely Vettel will start from the pit lane?

But if that happens once or twice a year and they come in 5th/6th... then so what? At all the other races they've gained by having smaller, tighter packaging. Mercedes made a decision that may cost them a little here and there, but has given them gains everywhere else. Even that has been mitigated now with improvements to their cooling system. You don't win championships by hoping your competitors have a couple of bad races.

This is probably one of the core reasons that Mercedes do so well. They are working to the max at every aspect of their team because they don't take anything for granted. They assume that the other big teams will be able to beat them, and work accordingly hard to ensure that doesn't happen.

He does, but it is his home race. Despite whatever else is going on, these events were out of his control and it is a shame that he wasn't able to compete in front of them. Hamilton raises his game at Silverstone, Vettel didn't have the opportunity to put the 2018 race behind him, and as a result is unlikely to be able to do so in the race tomorrow.

Whatever people might think of him, surely nobody is that churlish as to deny him the opportunity to compete in front of his own fans?

No, but it's just one example of the serious issues at Ferrari. Only when those are solved can Vettel afford himself the luxury of feeling especially bad about his home GP. Even if he was to have an amazing win, one swallow does not a summer make. Fluking an occasional win doesn't win championships.

Associate
So Norris is getting a new MGU-k, control electronics and energy store, so he'll start from the 19th alongside Vettel who is getting a new control electronics, and breaks the limit of 2 per season.

Just like the good old days :D

ae-Bjs-YWnz-Ja-CMx-I8i-YJ8-Ngy-Qleh-Ud-ZUQ7wj0g2g-Gwx-Y.jpg

Man of Honour
So cars have been off track on both wets and inters, but most of the track is best for inters and as it drys, other than one river on one corner. Tough call. Going to be a very interesting race with inevitable strategy errors. Red bull are best placed for a good gamble. Ferrari too.

Soldato
Poor Lewis feeling sick, not good.

The rain will make this entertaining

I can't imagine feeling sick with hamper him too much. It's bit like riding a motorcycle, you always feel a bit better when you get on it due to the level of concentration needed. That being said, after riding four hours through the Sahara with a bad stomach bug, I was didn't feel too clever afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom