GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Yea for some reason you can't get the reversing cam from dealers in the UK. There was some on ebay for a while but I've not been able to find any recently :(

Toyota do have an "official" ebay store so it's worth keeping an eye on. Sometimes they sell the suede dash trim parts from the facelift car as well (which do fit the older ones).

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a guy on the forums who worked with Fensport to build a reverse camera kit 5 years ago, I was part of the group buy years ago and still have mine in a box (never fitted it). Might be possible to recreate the harnesses from it.

Soldato
Yeah that's more likely than a chief mechanic stealing a few litres. :D

The 2 guys I spoke to were pretty cool, they didn't get offended when I said I was gonna put in some ferodo brake pads, rather than let them fit Toyota ones. And they said a remap and new induction filter would be a decent little upgrade.

Soldato
Dropped my 13 plate off for the recall, got sent away with this:

2019gt86_rec02.jpg

Quite like it, reminds me of mine when it was new. Justified some the mods I've done too.

Dealer didn't order the parts for the recall though so getting my car back untouched.

Soldato
Dropped my 13 plate off for the recall, got sent away with this:

2019gt86_rec02.jpg

Quite like it, reminds me of mine when it was new. Justified some the mods I've done too.

Dealer didn't order the parts for the recall though so getting my car back untouched.

Well you win the recall courtesy car challenge with that! Unless someone gets a Supra for the week. :D

That's poor planning from them, you would have thought they would be well stocked up. Last week the mechanic mentioned that so many people were getting a new clutch done at the same time. That they had run out. And they were just going to be doing autos for a few weeks until more come in.

Soldato
Found one of them on my rear (down to the plastic), looks like bike pedal or trolley. Know how you're feeling :(

Swapped cars back, going to miss the new car smell and the refinement but that fake intake noise even with it capped off is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom