Poll: German Grand Prix 2019, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2019 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Omg the stewards are so inconsistent. Both Alfa's under investigation for the team giving them info over comms before the start, they're talking about a time penalty. However Leclerc with his unsafe release didn't get a time penalty but the team got a fine. Therefore the same rule should be applied here surely? The team made the mistake not the drivers.

Heh, the FIA being consistent. Not in my lifetime.

Soldato
Great race. Gutted for Hulk, but he also binned the car in Baku last year when he had more than a decent chance of a podium. He keeps making a habit of sabotaging himself. Gasly is dreadful and needs to go. Not even to Toro Rosso, bloody W series or something equally as meaningless. Merc were also dumb to not stop Hamilton when Verstappen put on his last set of inters. Yes, he would have had to sit for 5 seconds, but he would have only lost position to Albon at that point and he wouldn't have been hard to pass. It was obvious they needed to stop again as the inters weren't going to last ~25 laps, even if it did start raining again. As it was he lost a load of track position, and then his head.

Permabanned
A dry race with genuine Ferrari/Mercedes race pace would have been much, much better. Rather than the random podium that happened.

Associate
Yet to watch the race as was listening to the BBC. Will watch the highlights later.

Seb will take a lot of comfort that as far as I could tell, drove a faultless race. All the main competitors spun or lost it at some point, that's got to be a big confidence boost.

Associate
9/10, -1 for the low IQ stewards :p
Same here,

1/2 point for too many formation laps under the safety car. Cost too many race laps in my eyes.
1/2 point for preferring a driver to either drive backwards on a track to go round a bollard, or drive another lap with a broken wing that could have gone under the car.

Soldato
Did Hamilton get anything for the safety car investigation.
From reading online it was caused by the system which detects cars speeds under a safety car automatically detecting Hamilton going well over the required delta, but that was because he'd stuck it in the wall and was trying to recover. As such there was no further action.

Not had that officially confirmed, though.

Man of Honour
Same here,

1/2 point for too many formation laps under the safety car. Cost too many race laps in my eyes.
1/2 point for preferring a driver to either drive backwards on a track to go round a bollard, or drive another lap with a broken wing that could have gone under the car.

Agreed, I revised mine to 9/10. It should have been a standing start without the formation nonsense. The Ferrari fine sets a terrible precedent and the Hamilton time penalty was short sighted.

Caporegime
Great entertainment. 10/10

Stirling performances from the top five. Hugely impressed by Kvyat and Stroll in particular and by Seb's recovery drive. Max did what was needed.

Penalty for Lewis was ridiculous and Mercedes dropped the ball for him badly. Disappointed in Leclerc blaming the track for his failure.

Soldato
Great entertainment. 10/10

Stirling performances from the top five. Hugely impressed by Kvyat and Stroll in particular and by Seb's recovery drive. Max did what was needed.

Penalty for Lewis was ridiculous and Mercedes dropped the ball for him badly. Disappointed in Leclerc blaming the track for his failure.

‘Leclerc said it was his mistake on his Instagram account :confused:

Back
Top Bottom