Another Life | Netflix

Soldato

Choose Humanity. Another Life premieres July 25. Only on Netflix. When a mysterious alien Artifact lands on Earth, Commander Niko Breckinridge (Katee Sackhoff) has to lead humanity’s first interstellar mission to its planet of origin, while her husband (Justin Chatwin) tries to make first contact with the artifact back on earth. Another Life explores the miracle of life, how precious life is in a universe mostly empty of it, and the lengths we will go to protect the ones we love.

Associate
I've watched one episode, it's the only episode I intend to watch!

An as idea it doesn't sound so bad, but the implementation is terrible. It's like they've skipped over the potentially interesting stuff to focus on the ridiculous melodrama. A critical mission, and they've sent a dozen undisciplined kiddies and an overly emotional A.I. The whole thing just seems stupidly unbelievable.

Sackhoff's still looking good thou!

Man of Honour
It is hard to take seriously - which is a shame as there are some nice touches like someone forgetting their training and using a fire extinguisher in zero G, etc.

The writing overall is pretty terrible and it feels all over the place in terms of what it is trying to be and as above skipping over potentially interesting stuff to ramp up ridiculous melodrama.

Then there is the bits where they are wearing fancy clothes while carrying out tasks on a spaceship - it just doesn't make sense and seems to be more to satisfy a tick box or something than in any way incorporated into the context of the show.

It tries, really tries, at times but so far I can only watch it by putting it on in the background while working on another task. It feels at times like it is hampered because someone has said "you have to include this, this and this" and even if it doesn't make sense they have to be part of it.

Associate
I'm watching it. 6 off them land on an unknown alien planet. One takes a gun? Seems legit? Plus the fact it's obviously set it the future and she's rocking a P90!
I'm going to watch them all (as I've started now) but it's not the best...

Man of Honour
There is a thread further down on it - not many posts though because it doesn't seem to be much of a hit with a lot of people.

Man of Honour
I somehow made it to episode 9 - lots and lots of skipping ahead and not sure I can stomach finishing it. There are some good bits, in isolation some really good bits, but far too much is just ******* awful and how anyone watched it in production and thought it was worth going ahead with beats me.

Shame I really wanted to like it and it has the actors, budget and premise, etc. to be good but falls flat on its face.

Associate
I watched the 1st episode, as I was hankering for some sci fi while waiting for the expanse S4, and it was poor. Really poor. The decisions some of the characters were making made absolutely no sense. I tried to watch the next one but after about 10 minutes I gave up as it was just getting worse.

I shall need to get my sci fi fix elsewhere I fear.

Soldato
The actual story had promise, but once again a sci-fi series is ****** up by **** poor writing. Perhaps they ought to look into employing writers who actually have an interest in sci-fi rather than generic writing pool #3 who wouldn't know sci-fi if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.

Back
Top Bottom