The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
So enjoyed the first 2 episodes, plot is really quite different from the comics an Hughie and Homelander seem to be the most faithfully adapted characters so far. Urban’s Butcher is going to be different. But I’m not knocking it, it’s been good but it’s fifferent to comics which is what I always thought it would have to be. Looking forward to future episodes.

Soldato
Just watched the first episode I thought it was great, realistic and dark I don't some parts were needed but it a nice change to all the normal hero shows.
Acting seams a little bland, non of the characters other then Karl urban has any personality
The have simon pegg but hes not getting used which is disappointing

I want to see at some point a good hero that was that did not agree with them and was made into a villain at some point.

Associate
Search “boys 4K” and I found it.
Yes ta , tried that Friday and not there, but was there when i searched for it yesterday using The Boys UHD. Oddly the 4k Version doesn't show anywhere else, nor does it show in my Watch Next thingy.

Have noticed this a few times on Amazon with 4k recently, Bosch etc, but its normally there after day 1. Dont know if its a DNS or replication issue on the 4k stuff, it cant be they dont have the bandwith etc.

Tried on Xbox as well, same.

Anyways finished it, its really great. Despite Karl Urbans slightly iffy accent, he's got great comic timing.

8 episodes not enough.

The Baby

Associate
I'm really enjoying this. As someone that always questions how zombies could even last with tanks and destroyers... Its refreshing to see a superhero show that demonstrates some form of reality.

The dolphin scene had me in stitches

Soldato
Binge watched this on release, absolutely amazing series and quite reminiscent of The Watchmen.

A great watch, only thing I can fault with it is that there is some fairly dubious casting and they never adjusted any of the dialogue to account for it. But it's easily good enough to ignore that.

Soldato
Loving all these more adult-orientated 'hero' shows that are being produced (Doom Patrol, Umbrella Academy, Swamp Thing to name a few)

Dolphin scene had me in stitches :D

Soldato
Butcher's accent sounds part English, part South African. It's really odd.

At one point he definitely went back to a New Zealand accent in E1 , wasnt exactly sure what he's supposed to be, haven't read the comics. But hes full blown Ray Winstone most of the time, so presumably Cockney.

Urban's accent is all over the place, not sure it is necessary but it is bad in a way of funny.

I think I'm 5 eps in and really enjoying this, knowing nothing of the comics, but Urban's accent is terrible and for me, really off putting. It's like when you're drunk mate says they can do an accent down the pub and they totally butcher a sentence... but they've got Urban doing it all the way through the show.

Caporegime
I think I'm 5 eps in and really enjoying this, knowing nothing of the comics, but Urban's accent is terrible and for me, really off putting. It's like when you're drunk mate says they can do an accent down the pub and they totally butcher a sentence... but they've got Urban doing it all the way through the show.

There's a scene where Homelander compliments on his accents, I am not sure if that was meant to be funny!

Soldato
finished it - i really enjoyed it. Lots of funny bits, good action.
I didn't mind the accents, i just went along with it - i've heard english people with worse accents! It wasn't dick van dyke territory.

Caporegime
One of the best shows i've seen honestly, the "fly" was some nice foreshadowing tbh.

Do sort of have a logical problem with how this works though... i mean Homelander clearly has a superiority complex (one that is entirely valid) and yet doesn't just destroy everything, why is he still playing up this facade (so much so as to basically invent "villains") when he clearly knows everything about what's going on (especially now)?

Unless of course he also knows they have a way to subdue V? I can definitely suspend belief enough to ignore this, but seems kinda silly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Urban's accent was weird, but I can live with it. It stopped being distracting after a couple of episodes. It wasn't as bad as Pegg's attempt at an American accent!

Do sort of have a logical problem with how this works though... i mean Homelander clearly has a superiority complex (one that is entirely valid) and yet doesn't just destroy everything, why is he still playing up this facade (so much so as to basically invent "villains") when he clearly knows everything about what's going on (especially now)
Because he was raised by the Vought corporation. It's literally all he knows. He absolutely could do a cheeky genocide or two, it just hasn't occurred to him yet. That's the whole point of the premise - what happens when these demigods decide they have better things to do than maintain their popularity?

Back
Top Bottom