* The Metal Thread *

Associate
I find saga by accident because of the album name, that one album is amazing by them, selling life insurance on the side really paid off

HAHA! Furry muff, I'll check them out.

EDIT: Their guitarist looks like a cross between Mark Hamill and Anthony Hopkins!

EDIT 2.0: Pretty cool stuff, I see the Rush/Dream Theatre comparison (two bands I should start checking out more).

Last edited:
Soldato
HAHA! Furry muff, I'll check them out.

EDIT: Their guitarist looks like a cross between Mark Hamill and Anthony Hopkins!

EDIT 2.0: Pretty cool stuff, I see the Rush/Dream Theatre comparison (two bands I should start checking out more).
The song on that album, track 3 or 4 around that has a funny spiky riff that sounds like a chicken blew my mind, it sounds so 80s but somehow even more awesome and modern, they are strange but glad I found them

Associate
I don't think I've had an album have more playtime for me this year than Grand Magus - Wolf God. A Hall Clad In Gold gets played plenty on my commute.

Associate
Can't get enough of this band at the moment, probably won't be most people's jam. Same vocalist as in Harakiri for the Sky. Most lyrics in Austrian (older albums in a particular Austrian dialect that even Google Translate struggles with), but the feelings and atmosphere these songs give off is what I like most.

One from the previous album, a bit more heavy and menacing after a slow start:

Soldato
New Slipknot album is defo the best I've heard from them.

It's definitely better than the last one (and the one before perhaps) but they'll never be able to recapture the raw energy they had on their first two albums when they were (angry) young men. IMO. I miss the ever-waning influence of Mick as well, since sneaking his death metal influences into a more accessible sound was one of the things I liked most about them, rather than being the Corey and Jim Stone Sour mk II show.

Soldato
It's definitely better than the last one (and the one before perhaps) but they'll never be able to recapture the raw energy they had on their first two albums when they were (angry) young men. IMO. I miss the ever-waning influence of Mick as well, since sneaking his death metal influences into a more accessible sound was one of the things I liked most about them, rather than being the Corey and Jim Stone Sour mk II show.

I'm very new to Slipknot. I only started listening to them a few months ago. I would say I like about ten of their tracks from their entire back catalogue, but the new album is strong from start the finish.

For me it's their best.

Back
Top Bottom