Crucible unplayable - D2

Soldato
I have a wired PS4 connection to Virgin 200mb broadband, so it's pretty quick. However, Crucible on Destiny 2 is borderline unplayable with certain guns, machine gun, auto rifle and fusion rifles. Basically anything where the trigger needs to be held down!

When I hold down the trigger he will raise the gun and then let off one or two bullets and put the gun back down as if I released the trigger. Over 50% of the time I can't even fire a round off a fusion rifle. This only happens when I get close to another player, it's been doing it sporadically but recently just makes the game unplayable. Even notice it with pulse rifles now.

I've avoided Crucible most the time due to this but recently the game makers are forcing players to play this mode more and more to get certain rewards. Driving me mad, a slow internet connection is bad enough but this is something else. I've run a speed test below.

Anyone any idea's what could be causing this?

Soldato
Right trigger on PS4 controllers fails pretty often. Mine is knackered, but mostly usable. It's usually ok for shooters, but it doesn't register full activation, so any kind of driving game doesn't work, you just get stuck limping along slowly.

Not sure if there is a DIY fix, but I switched to mostly playing XB1 now anyway so I just live with it.

Soldato
OP
Sorry should have mentioned I have 3 controllers, it happens with them all.

I doesn't happen at all in PVE it's only PVP and only when I'm engaging with another player. It's like my connection stops and waits for theirs, my guns won't fire.

Caporegime
Sorry should have mentioned I have 3 controllers, it happens with them all.

I doesn't happen at all in PVE it's only PVP and only when I'm engaging with another player. It's like my connection stops and waits for theirs, my guns won't fire.

the Bluetooth antenna or chip in your ps4 might be knackered or not correctly seated.

i had a ps4 with a dodgy Bluetooth chip. where the controllers input would mess up often.

sold the ps4 and bought another and never had the issue appear until i got a YSP2700 soundbar. the subwoofer also used bluetooth to connect wirelessly and was causing issues. so i had 2 options, get rid of the soundbar or make the sub wired. so i wired the sub and disabled wireless on it. fixed it straight away.

i believe on the ps4 even if you wire a controller up to the console using USB it still uses wireless. it only charges through the cable nothing else after pairing.

Soldato
OP
You've got me thinking now, I have the bluetooth antenna attached for the headset... might try taking that out see if it makes any difference.

I doubt it will or it would happen all the time, not just in Crucible when near another player?

Caporegime
You've got me thinking now, I have the bluetooth antenna attached for the headset... might try taking that out see if it makes any difference.

I doubt it will or it would happen all the time, not just in Crucible when near another player?

my issues on the old console would happen randomly. it was annoying. i knew it was the bluetooth chip as i had zero issues previously with any other console. on the new console it only happened with the soundbar and it happened all the time. so i knew it was the soundbar straight away after that was introduced into the set up.

the bluetooth chip in the ps4 is really crap.

thing is with smart homes these days and everything using wireless it's only going to get worse. if you want to play competitively wired is best on everything you can. the number of devices using wireless in my home has easily went from 10 to 100 within a short timeframe. bulbs, speakers, tvs, tablets, consoles, smart plugs, avr, washing machine, etc, etc.

it's got to the point where every modern home should really think about going the other way and going wired for everything you can then wireless on portable devices only.

Back
Top Bottom