• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Associate
I can understand a couple weeks or so delay but this is getting silly. Some stores are reporting months before they have stock and I find that totally unacceptable. AMD has a chance to really win people over but they are failing pretty hard with meeting the demand.

With things being on pre-order constantly, we can't tell if any stock has come in and gone straight out again. I'm thinking that's not the case but it could be.

Seems most deliveries have not materialised which begs the question, where have they all gone. Most places I've looked at are overdue delivery of stock. What's the hold up?

Associate
With things being on pre-order constantly, we can't tell if any stock has come in and gone straight out again. I'm thinking that's not the case but it could be.

Seems most deliveries have not materialised which begs the question, where have they all gone. Most places I've looked at are overdue delivery of stock. What's the hold up?

Either they simply just do not have the stock and cannot meet demand or they are redirecting stock to markets they deem more important. Either way, poor show by them.

Associate
Or yields are so bad they can't get enough viable chips to make the 3900x.

If that's the case, it doesn't bode well for the 3950x either :rolleyes:

That would make no sense, they only need 6 out of 8 cores on each chiplet to make a viable chip. If yields were the problem then the 3800x should be the rarest of them all as all 8 cores are required. I think more likely they just underestimated the demand and it's taking a bit of time to ramp up.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Maybe they’re just doing it to try and divert sales to 3700X etc? They’re entitled to do what they like. They can’t keep up with demand so they need to reduce it.

If you aren’t happy to pay it, buy it somewhere else.

Associate
I doubt it's an anything other than putting up the price to discourage people from ordering because they don't know when they will get stock. Sitting on x hundred orders with peoples money, which could be cancelled at any time, probably isn't a position OCUK want to be in.

Soldato
I doubt it's an anything other than putting up the price to discourage people from ordering because they don't know when they will get stock. Sitting on x hundred orders with peoples money, which could be cancelled at any time, probably isn't a position OCUK want to be in.

With the interest they earn off the money taken immediately with pre-orders, stock or no stock, I should think OCUK would be quite happy to be in that position.

Back
Top Bottom