*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Puyo Puyo Champions if its still available for £3.99, it might be a bit challenging but it is fun.
I've just placed order for Super Robot wars T Asia edition from play-asia..that nintendo tax of £20 extra over the PS4 version. :rolleyes:

Associate
Will the new switches with better battery life be out before the new lite in September?! Looking to buy a switch but should probably wait for the new SKU

Man of Honour
Will the new switches with better battery life be out before the new lite in September?! Looking to buy a switch but should probably wait for the new SKU
As said, it’ll be mid August.

I purchased a second switch recently and opted just just get the current one with the £30 e-store code. I mean, how often are you really going to monopolise on that extra battery juice. I realised... not at all. Maybe one/two plane trip(s) a year, during which I’ll have a portable charger / other entertainment anyway?

On an unrelated note, booted up the 3DS to play through the Zelda oracle games, in anticipation of Links Awakening. Gawd... they are really simple. Fun, but extremely limited... somewhat putting me off the full priced Switch game even more (just to hold a couple more items at once).

The 3DS is horrible isn’t it. Truly horrible interface!!!

Associate
As said, it’ll be mid August.

I purchased a second switch recently and opted just just get the current one with the £30 e-store code. I mean, how often are you really going to monopolise on that extra battery juice. I realised... not at all. Maybe one/two plane trip(s) a year, during which I’ll have a portable charger / other entertainment anyway?

Yeah true I thought about that alright! Wonder if they'll update the joycons to fix the drift issue too...

Soldato
I've never played a FE game before and I'm loving it. The school RPG elements are pretty standard fetch and talk quests. The dialogue and story is decent but the meat of it is in the turn based grid combat, which is fantastic. Wishing I had more time to play it. I don't generally buy games day 1 but I'm so glad I jumped on this.

I've got the Oninaki demo too but I don't want to exit out of FE to try it.

Associate
I've just picked up Fire Emblem for an upcoming work trip to Poland.

Played 40 minutes last night and now I can't stop thinking about playing despite only doing the first battle. Excited to get an hour or so tonight, but going to blitz it next week 100%

Man of Honour
How is fire emblem three houses? I've never played an FE game before but this one has piqued my interest since it was announced also what's oninaki demo like as I haven't gotten round to playing it myself yet

It's super weird, if you're into school girls like the Japanese seem to be then it might be your thing but it's not for me.

It's such a shame that Nintendo stopped making Advance/Famicom Wars because of this series.

While the theme is bizarre the combat is great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not finding it overly sexualised - like Xenoblade Chronicles for example. It's early days though but so far there's nothing dodgy or weird in it. Some cool characters (and some not so cool) both male and female.

Associate
Managed to claim from my contents insurance, and they have just sent the money through (minus excess of course). So I am now going to re-purchase a switch.

Do you think the game cartridges and SD card would also be damaged?

I guess the positive thing is I'll have two docks, so can have one upstairs permanently for when the missus is watching TV.

Associate
SD Card might be alright, the game cartridges tough to say. They might work if its fully dried out maybe?
Was thinking of just getting a Switch and trying everything out. Might be lucky and a few of them survived. They are all dried out; placed in rice for 2 days straight, that was last week.

Associate
I mean as long as the external seal and contact aren't damaged on the cards they should be okay right lol, if worse at least micro sd card are cheap to replace. Game cartridge though would be the sucky one if its a 1st party game as they always fetch the Nintendo premium price tax.

Sandisk are IEC 529 IPX approve so you might be in luck if you have Sandisk microSD but i'm sure other manufacturers have same rating.
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/...erance-(waterproof,-temperature,-magnetic-and

Man of Honour
Sorry to repost from another thread but:

Great thread. Many memorable themes to me. I do however think that the Vah Ruta theme in the most recent Zelda game is one of the most chilling and unnerving pieces of music I’ve ever heard, in a game or otherwise. It just makes me feel.... wrong. Like a sad nightmare. Kicks off from 1 minute-ish.

If you listening closely, there’s actually morse code spelling out SOS.

Watched my girlfriend do this dungeon yesterday. Music freaked me out! She did the boss in one go like a champ :cool:

Watching her do it reminded me just how good BOTW is. I think Vah Ruta may actually be the best Zelda dungeon ever *gasp*

I also think we only found the water temple in OoT hard because as children we all ignored the ability to think to use the map and the compass.

Second place goes to the eagles tower in links awakening... or whatever it was called.

Back
Top Bottom