X570 Aorus and £30 steam voucher for review

Soldato
im going to save mine until the next steam sale, most likely around halloween time. bethesda has a good discount running if you are wanting anything from them.

Most of the things I want aren't on Steam, which is typical. Anything being released later this year on Steam that's any good?

Associate
Most of the things I want aren't on Steam, which is typical. Anything being released later this year on Steam that's any good?

I am not sure. I haven't actually ever bought anything from steam. Only games i have on their are Half life 2 which i bought a physical copy, and a few games that i have got free with hardware over the years.

should have probably sold my vouchers for £20 or something, but too late now as i have redeemed them. I'm sure something will take my fancy during the next sale.

Caporegime
I registered mine today.

They are essentially buying reviews though, which is a bit tasteless.

Not massively different from those Amazon sellers who send you free stuff for a good review.

Of course I took a stand by taking their £30 steam vouchers :)

Soldato
OP
I registered mine today.

Not massively different from those Amazon sellers who send you free stuff for a good review.

just be honest - bad point countered by two good ones . straight off Gigabyte Bios isn't as slick as ASRock- BUT has improved with RMA being far superior and not needing to send £21 for VAT for an RMA ;)

Soldato
I registered mine today.

Just do the review, get the £30 voucher then change the review to what you think it should be, taking into account they're buying reviews.

Associate
Just had my delivered earlier, why don't you think it's 5 stars? Gotta buy the chip and NVME drive yet so won't have it running for a few more days.
im torn between 4 and 5. Im being picky, but the RGB fusion software has gone backwards, the colours you set dont work until you boot into the computer anymore, used to work straight from boot up and could change and save it all in the bios. I know thats really minor, but every single time I boot up my whole case is bright orange in my face and its really really bright... just annoying. I have it set to a dim breathing white normally with the fans as well, nice and subtle.

Also my xmp profile keeps getting getting reset for no reason, and I dont know why. that seems to have stopped over the last few days after I updated the bios though.

Also I took ages sorting out my fan curves in the smart fan thing, had it all perfect then saved it all, for somne reason next day it had gone back to default (aka very loud) and i tried to loud up y profile and it had corrupted somehow and had to do it all again with all 7 fans. very tiresome.

Cracking board overall just with niggles. As with all gigabyte stuff, I love the hardware, hate the software.
The features it comes with are just amazing, never had a board with so many, and never had a backplate on a board. makes putting stuff in outside the case less stressful to me, feels so solid (and looks sexy)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom