Windows install blue screen, stuck.

Permabanned
Just put together new system and trying install windows from usb, either it's loading incredibily slowly or it's stuck.

Any ideas? I foolishly left out the optical drive thinking usb will work. Meh.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro.

Soldato
My initial guess is a faulty USB setup.

You could try putting a live linux system on there and installing Ubuntu for example. If that works it's highly doubtful it's the PC and more likely to be the Windows USB. rebuild the Windows USB

If the Linux USB fails to install, it's your system. Start removing things such as RAM and just use a single stick each time. Make sure it's all seated correctly.

Permabanned
OP
Hmm, I'll try a 3rd party option first and I'll try resitting the memory.

Also the HD led is not working at all, it's plugged in exactly where it's ment to be so not sure what the issue is there.

Permabanned
OP
No difference at all, tried all the ram slots and each stick individually... Just gets to the blue screen and nothing happens.

This is frustrating.... Nothing to indicate there is a problem otherwise.

I'll try a Linux usb, otherwise I'll have to install the optical drive and try that option..

Associate
Hd light maybe the wrong way about (turn 180 on m/b)

When installing windows make sure that only one hard drive is connected.
Use a usb 2 port instead of usb 3

Permabanned
OP
The hd led pin is the right round, I've tried it both ways just out of curiosity and it made no difference.

Why would having more than one ssd connected stop windows installing? I'll give that a try tomorrow but that sounds ridiculous. I've had enough for today though.

Soldato
You only have one SSD connected so all the boot files go on the single drive instead of spread over to any others.

Not sure how you created the USB, but i found downloading the iso from Microsoft and using Rufus to create the USB works every time. (unless you do have a fault somewhere)

Back
Top Bottom