Poll: German Grand Prix 2019, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2019 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Although it's worrying people rated this race so highly, it was entertaining in a chaotic sort of way but in terms of racing it was garbage due to safety car every 10 laps etc, it was basically an exercise in pitting at the right time.

I think you have to judge it in the context of the other races so far this year. Was it an all-time classic? No. Not even slightly. Was it one of the better spectacles in what has been a deeply uninteresting season in the main? Yes, it was. You had drivers dropping it off the island, you had drivers coming through the field, drivers out of position, all on a track that is still somewhat of a challenge in the wet even if it has been butchered.

Caporegime
I suspect both the current Haas drivers could be sitting at home next years. Hulkenburg would be a good fit into Haas. Cool-headed and reliable. Potential podium finisher with a decent car under him. Stick Ocon in the other Haas for a year to keep him sharp. Win for all concerned.

I think Bottas will keep his seat for 2020. Good wingman for Hamilton and very consistent point scoring driver.

I'm not sure if that's intentionally trying to be funny or not? Hulk has been in loads of teams/situations where his team mate got a podium and he failed to, or he was in a strong podium position and he fluffed it. His best chance in Brazil years ago Hamilton was miles faster than him, yet he managed to brake late into a corner and just take them both out.

He's the opposite of cool-headed and reliable. He actually crashes an amount that were it not for Sutil and Grosjean types, he would probably be in the crosshairs of the fans for the guy who constantly makes silly mistakes. He's had probably 3 seasons that he just seemed to hit people almost every race and several seasons where he as before, fluffed great chances for podiums and was completely unable to match the consistency of Perez, etc.

last year, as much as I can't stand Grosjean, that Abu Dhabi crash was completely Hulk's fault, he was more than fairly alongside and he just turned in on him. In Spa, ludicrously late on the brakes, sent Alonso flying, could have hurt Leclerc badly but for the halo and still could have hurt him anyway. Honestly he's one of the most prolific crashers in F1, obviously not all his fault but plenty are his fault.

If F1 finally kicks out Grosjean, I have to wonder when Hulk gets let go. he criminally underperforms imo, but also makes loads of errors.

https://youtu.be/KGIq2LGSyrE?t=16

Not all of these are his fault, and it's not all his crashes, but a lot are just him being completely braindead and he gets in some pretty seriously dangerous crashes as well.

Again I've said many times I can't stand Grosjean and he's insane when it comes to causing stupid crashes, but at least Grosjean has speed now and then, for me Hulk never really shows any real speed. He's probably been one of the most ridiculously over rated drivers in F1 for years, just because everyone seems to ignore his crashing and act like he has real speed and deserves a shot in a top car but I've really seen nothing ever to hint that. The few times his car has had real performance, he's messed it up every time.

Soldato
I think you have to judge it in the context of the other races so far this year. Was it an all-time classic? No. Not even slightly. Was it one of the better spectacles in what has been a deeply uninteresting season in the main? Yes, it was. You had drivers dropping it off the island, you had drivers coming through the field, drivers out of position, all on a track that is still somewhat of a challenge in the wet even if it has been butchered.
Silverstone or this? Which was the better race?

Associate
British GP was the better race, this was the better challenge and spectacle.
I preferred the British GP too, mostly because it was exciting due to the racing and the mini duels the drivers were having.

German GP was entertaining to see the comedy of errors from both the drivers and the teams. It's not often we see Mercedes drop the ball like that. But I wouldn't want to see this kind of race all the time.

Last edited:
Associate
Was Vettel the only top team driver who didn't put a foot wrong? he had a good drive to be fair to him.

Not seen the video but apparently Vettel went wide and tip-toed round the Sachs Kurve (understandable considering he binned it there last year!) and Kvyat caught right up to him

Video

Associate
Last 3 races have been pretty good. Shame that DRS robs smaller teams of good results though. Seemed like Mclaren got themselves in to good positions in all 3 three of the last races, only to have a Ferrari breeze past with no chance to defend. Would be nice to see the faster teams have to fight a bit if they find themselves lower down the field rather than just DRS everybody.

Back
Top Bottom