Supercar Experience Days

Soldato
Was wondering about treating myself to one of these supercar days and wondered if anyone had experiences/recommendations to share?

I'm looking at the higher mileage (30 miles?) ones at about £200.

Do they let you use action cameras to record stuff yourself?

Soldato
Most are rubbish, you won't be allowed to drive the cars properly.

For a slightly more expensive option, the AMG days at MB World encourage you to absolutely spank the cars and you'll have a lot more fun doing that than pottering around in a Ferrari imo.

Soldato
Most people say it's a waste of money. Not allowed above 4k revs (what's the point?), cars are in a terrible state, etc.

Go on a drifting day instead :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
Most supercar days the guy in the car with you is fined if you knock over cones or spin it etc, so obviously they dont like you pushing the car because it effects their pocket.

supercardrivedays is one group that will let you (within reason) push the cars hard and as long as you arent bouncing it off the limiter wont have an issue with you revving it out.

Soldato
OP
For a slightly more expensive option, the AMG days at MB World encourage you to absolutely spank the cars and you'll have a lot more fun doing that than pottering around in a Ferrari imo.

You mean these?

Go on a drifting day instead :D

Did a taster, it was okay. Would rather a track type experience.

supercardrivedays is one group that will let you (within reason) push the cars hard and as long as you arent bouncing it off the limiter wont have an issue with you revving it out.

Good to know, thanks.

Soldato
I’d rather do a half-day at PalmerSport for not much more money.

Or just spend the extra and do a full day, sure it’s expensive, but it is 100% worth it.
I had it in my head that Palmersport was significantly more expensive but if they're comparable that's probably a better option for a track oriented experience

Associate
Silverstone is pretty good, a few years back i did the nissan experience where i drove the GTR and the 370z for a few laps back to back and also the single seater experience. Both were great and got to push it as hard as i wanted.

Soldato
OP
I’d rather do a half-day at PalmerSport for not much more money.

Or just spend the extra and do a full day, sure it’s expensive, but it is 100% worth it.

I had it in my head that Palmersport was significantly more expensive but if they're comparable that's probably a better option for a track oriented experience

This does look pretty good, although, over £500 wasn't what I'd been thinking... Have you done one? The evening session looks a good line up of cars, but how long do you drive each for that money?

I did the silverstone single seater driving experience earlier in the year, it was around £200 and I thought it was brilliant. Would really recommend!

I think I'd quite like this, but again you're perhaps only looking at about 30 minutes driving time in total for almost £200?

I'd just use the money to book a bike track day and still have change.

Maybe I just do this... but in my car. I've done one at Snetterton, and really enjoyed it. I'd love to do Silversone in the Mustang for example.

Soldato
It's really no good if you're a driver and want to give them a good thrashing.

They're more for people who want a photo of themselves driving an expensive car.

For me, as a proper petrolhead, I'd be looking at spending that much money differently.

Soldato
Did the Porsche half day at Silverstone recently. Face value was about £500 and I’d say it’s worth every penny. Amazing range of obstacles and really encourage you to hammer it.

I drive a 911 (991) C4S so no stranger to Porsche’s but the day was something else.

Not bad food either.

Soldato
OP
It's really no good if you're a driver and want to give them a good thrashing.

Are you talking about supercar experience days, as we've kind of moved on from them.

For me, as a proper petrolhead, I'd be looking at spending that much money differently.

Okay... don't be shy... join in with suggestions. :)

Did the Porsche half day at Silverstone recently. Face value was about £500 and I’d say it’s worth every penny. Amazing range of obstacles and really encourage you to hammer it.

I think a friend mentioned he was looking to get his dad one of these actually. Could be good.

Soldato
I’ve done a super car day one with ‘car heros’ up at Bruntingthorpe.

It was fine, no one told me to shift up early, they were keen you braked late, etc etc. I think a lot of the people who complain are people who think it’s fine to jump into a car and try to drift the first corner.

If you’re after something where it is all about going as fast as possible, the palmersport days are the top level.

That said, a friend of mine owns https://www.forestrally.co.uk/ and I really need to get down there and give that a go. He and all of his instructors are proven drivers so it’s going to be a good day out. They only cater to smaller groups which I think is a huge plus point.

Back
Top Bottom