What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
3 cylinder engine screaming at 8000RPM sounds great :p Its miniascule stature is amusing, I can touch the passenger window without even stretching. Just when sitting bolt upright in my seat.

Anyone recommend a decent Daihatsu forum? I know a few people in here have JDM nuggets. Or did have... Daihatsu-Drivers-UK seems a bit quiet.

As a Daihatsu fan, the scene is all but dead here. IM Group were totally useless at selling them, and shame they have done the same with Subaru. I never understood why Toyota didn’t sell Daihatsus along side their stuff.

Caporegime
Why did you buy that?

Must confess i'm more than a little confused, several months back he apparently got a new job on 50k a year or something, the Volvo was a cheap stopgap and was in the process of buying a house and soon a much more expensive proper car.

Yet today he is still posting about buying 50p total and utter piles and from his pictures still lives at home.

Soldato
Must confess i'm more than a little confused, several months back he apparently got a new job on 50k a year or something, the Volvo was a cheap stopgap and was in the process of buying a house and soon a much more expensive proper car.

Yet today he is still posting about buying 50p total and utter piles and from his pictures still lives at home.

Its almost like the picture people curate for their image on the internet isnt a true reflection of reality. Tis the norm for the social media generation...

Caporegime

I think, correct me if I am wrong, that job was a false promise and thus we are back to square one.

Caporegime
Gave it a quick clean, back-to-blacked the bumpers (megs tyre shine), cleaned the backs of the indicator lenses, replaced a tail light bulb, fitted new plates (these are the size it was designed for), pulled a dent out of the wing. Now waiting for the new mirror to arrive.

mrSovoQh.jpg

VeTVr6oh.jpg

Caporegime
Haha, thats like old Mira L200, The Perodua stuff always seems to be a full generation behind, my old T reg Mira was an L500.

It is an L200 Mira in everything but name. (And the tail lights and front bumper)
It was Perodua's first car. Unbelievably they were making them in Malaysia until 2009!

I've bought some Mira L200 tail lights for £12 the pair (one of my Perodua ones is cracked anyway) - And I would love some Mira bumpers, but there just aren't any for sale in the UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
You will be lucky, I can count on one hand all the L200 Miras I’ve seen, over the years. I used to see a cool black one with Mira OEM side graphics on the doors, with Mira written three times.

Caporegime
You will be lucky, I can count on one hand all the L200 Miras I’ve seen, over the years. I used to see a cool black one with Mira OEM side graphics on the doors, with Mira written three times.

I know. I could just do everything apart from the bumpers, but it would look wrong to anyone "in the know" and people who arent in the know won't give a monkeys cuss if it is badged one way or the other.

I do intend to re-paint the whole car though and I will paint the bumpers body coloured, like the Nippa GX (the "fancy" one which came with a radio and stuff) :p

Soldato
Used to be a real bunch of us running Miras back in the day, Siliconslave on here had a Zato, I had a Classic Turbo, my mate had a Classic Turbo and a Zato I knew another lad with a Classic and a Storia X4, I nearly bought a crash damaged Zato, but it was a bit too rough. Familywise we have had loads of Charades over the years, plus a YRV.

Back
Top Bottom