Wooden Floor Edge Trim

Soldato
We are about to lay an engineered wood floor in our new kitchen diner all expansion gaps will be covered by the skirting board or kitchen kick boards except where it buts up to the bi-fold doors. The bi-fold doors are anthracite grey and the floor will meet it end on on a 6m+ run so we need to leave an expansion gap how would you hide it?

I have been looking around for some Anthracite square edge trim or similar but can't find anything, it may just be my google skills letting me down!

Soldato
We are about to lay an engineered wood floor in our new kitchen diner all expansion gaps will be covered by the skirting board or kitchen kick boards except where it buts up to the bi-fold doors. The bi-fold doors are anthracite grey and the floor will meet it end on on a 6m+ run so we need to leave an expansion gap how would you hide it?

I have been looking around for some Anthracite square edge trim or similar but can't find anything, it may just be my google skills letting me down!
Paint it to match?

Soldato
We've got some plastic self adhesive anthracite strip which is maybe 2-3cm deep and a few mm high. Sits nicely between the edge of our engineered oak floors and our bi-fold and seems to finish it off nicely, the adhesive is a bit pants so i need to apply something better and stick it down again at some point.

This is the only picture i can find which kind of shows it

YKp44AQ0toCnZ98nEVOYvYBVMI8Na9SSnKJC810qjl26at_qfCWzuF-ZuMaSeE9ZDs0ILYSWJfBx2FzTSgdlXYhOoPFV6cv7zmU8_YU-P4yuNIalvYdYEMIJXmi_at2hBpmLYy6TJkiuIJXjgFKRRYhCoV2HWRL6yX6OG1eSrpWs-xEG8ZGkB0n6NrwgKAcDfu-cavWqqjL_iYNH108M0K9R9YBQzjCcfettx3AgpQDjGv8y8yWzSQCTZaY5VMxBzeZql-WNJkeMXR4NTUU7C52ERLaxiVBUpLtYhLksFaY1pjrc0lu-4G0WPmzB1ZvW9siBcSAA6jpSEimrKvpfZNA4p_w6LPaavnUAZy11AKFXapVyIpKg2qidgDA1qj7Slx1JFH-yRJ_Ik6yIQDXhZlRjp4ZzgM1L52hzf4b3lZAtftB1kQ7wjAi2siU0o4UKZFbc2kWrdKsQq72mrvtpe1QruYkWalfZHjmEI465HRF2fefgkYrOWUfANLPRJObzQ2_ZP-qpTHeYDoqbKumZjoQLd4Sr2T4PKxVJPm7njrsZ-AslSl16I6bYPlg5yuotqKVrkFZlMVZZyCbWcglpY-4ybXf3YB239Us0lLT-bU539NOGAPuzKv_4uB3XnTe0RpcJjySVi4jdRsQJ8VH83zvQVsEr8-o10ogsA4EVL7ZkTm-cHC42jugRR94i3zByo3xnBW-mvBv0AmDwC9NuIsRDmQ=w1129-h750-no

Soldato
Thanks, that looks good. I have actually found some “end profile” systems which you screw a track to the floor and click a square edge trim into which looks ideal. I’ll probably do as you have and match the door rather than the floor.

Associate
We've got some plastic self adhesive anthracite strip which is maybe 2-3cm deep and a few mm high. Sits nicely between the edge of our engineered oak floors and our bi-fold and seems to finish it off nicely, the adhesive is a bit pants so i need to apply something better and stick it down again at some point.

This is the only picture i can find which kind of shows it
Do you have a link or a name of the stuff you bought? i've got a similar setup and i've been looking for something to make the gap neat and tidy.

Back
Top Bottom